Magic Chef MCD990W 900 Watts Microwave Oven

Magic Chef MCD790SW 900W Microwave

Feb 23, 2006

Pros:Fast efficient heating, quiet, cooking level selections, time defrost, including clock timer.

Cons:Cannot just press in time and press start -- have to press power level first.

The Bottom Line: I would highly recommend this microwave. It gets the job done whether you're heating a cup of coffee, frozen dinner, or bag of popcorn.

We needed a microwave for our home office and settled on this Magic Chef 900W microwave, which we purchased from Costco for $39. We felt that even if it only lasted a year, $39 was a good price.

Lo and behold, this little number is used every day and never misses a beat. It heats food quickly and evenly (has a turntable), is quieter than other microwaves we've had in the past, and has various convenience buttons such as different settings for different foods (popcorn, defrost, frozen dinners, etc.). One of the things I really like is one button heating -- one button gives you an automatic one minute operation when pushed and another gives you 30 seconds. By repeatedly pushing the buttons, it will add another minute or 30 seconds, which is also convenient. The one thing I don't find convenient is if you want to dial in a certain cook time, you have to first press the power button. I don't recall having to do this in any other microwave we've ever had or used. You can't just press the time and hit start.

I'd highly recommend this microwave. It's relatively lightweight and has a nice clean look. The turntable turns upon starting and has an interior light and is easy to clean. I believe the size is 0.7 cu ft.

MAGIC CHEF MCD1611B 1.6 Cubic-ft, 1,100-Watt Microwave with Digital Touch (Black)

Magic Chef Mcd1611w 1.6 Cu. Ft. 1100w Microwave (white) :mcd1611w

Magic Chef Mcd1611w 1.6 Cu. Ft. 1100w Microwave (white) :mcd1611w

All categories Click here to view full size. Full Size Image Click to close full size. Magic Chef MCD1611W 1.6 Cu. Ft. 1100W Microwave (White) #:MCD16...

Magic Chef Mcd1611w 1.6 Cu Ft 1100 Watt Microwave

Magic Chef Mcd1611w 1.6 Cu Ft 1100 Watt Microwave

Upgrade kitchen equipment with the 1.6 Cubic-ft, 1,100-Watt Microwave with Digital Touch. With ten power levels, the white microwave has a capacity of...

Magic Chef 1.6 Cu. Ft. 1100W Countertop Microwave MCD1611B / MCD1611W Color: White

Color: White Magic Chef MCD1611B / MCD1611W Features: -Digital touch.-6 Preprogrammed 1 touch cooking menus for popcorn, beverage, soup, baked potato,...
Wayfair

Magic Chef 1.6 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave in White MCD1611W

Magic Chef 1.6 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave in White MCD1611W

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. The Magic Chef 1.6 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave puts delicious cooking just a touch a way with 6 preprogrammed ...
Home Depot

MAGIC CHEF MCD1811ST 1.8 Cubic-ft, 1,100-Watt Stainless Microwave with Digital Touch

Magic Chef Mcd1811st 1.8 Cu Ft 1000 Watt Microwave

Magic Chef Mcd1811st 1.8 Cu Ft 1000 Watt Microwave

The 1.8 Cubic-ft, 1,100-Watt Stainless Microwave with Digital Touch features 10 power levels, kitchen timer and auto defrost. 1.8 cu-ft capacity 1,100...

MAGIC CHEF MCD1811ST 1.8 CUBIC-FT, 1,100-WATT STAINLESS MICROWAVE WITH DIGITAL TOUCH 1.8 CU-FT CAPACITY; 1,100W; DIGITAL TOUCH; 10 POWER LEVELS; 6 PRE...