Masterbuilt M7P Propane All-in-One Reviews

Masterbuilt M7P Propane All-in-One

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Free Shipping Target

This Masterbuilt All-in-One Product totally fails as a smoker.

May 27, 2012
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:easy to assemble

Cons:very small charcoal capacity, can't add charcoal after set up, low cooking temperature, expensive

The Bottom Line: Unfortunately, this Masterbuilt Cooker is poorly-designed and won't work for us in any kind of cooking application.  Not recommended!

We recently acquired a Masterbuilt M7P All-in-One Grill/Smoker.  Our Brinkmann was somewhat broken so we were happy to receive a new smoker for free.  Unfortunately, this product will be brought to the dump after just one use.

About This Product

The Masterbuilt Grill/Smoker is a versatile product that you can supposedly use to smoke, grill  and maybe even deep fry foods with either charcoal or an attached propane tank.  You cannot use this product to deep-fry a turkey and that warning is posted on every single side of the box.

The box contains everything you need to assemble this item and my husband put it together without any special tools in about 30 minutes in the kitchen while I cooked our breakfast.

This particular model was bought through Cabelas which is a respected hunting/fishing/outdoors site.  I've seen prices online for this product anywhere between $120 and $150.  As I said before, we received it as a gift from someone who received it as a gift.

Our Experience

It took my husband almost no time to assemble this product.  We were both really excited to try it out because the smoker we had was broken and on its way out.  Unfortunately, as soon as he put it together, he realized that there were two fatal flaws in the design: a very small space to hold hot charcoal and no way to add more hot charcoal as time goes by.

We figured that we could use it to smoke moinkballs (meatballs wrapped in bacon) and chicken wings because they only took 2-3 hours on our other smoker.  We thought we could easily cook them on one small load of charcoal in this Masterbuilt Smoker

Unfortunately, there just wasn't enough charcoal and it wasn't hot enough to get chicken wings and mini-meatballs cooked through.  They sat in this smoker for almost 4 hours and were still just half-cooked.  I had to finish them in the oven just to get everything fully-cooked and ready to be tossed on the grill at the beach tomorrow.

I don't claim to be a smoked-meat expert, but if a set-up can't even get food that is supposed to take 2 hours to cook done in 4 hours, then I think we can all agree that it is a failure.  We will be getting rid of this Masterbuilt 7-in-One Cooker ASAP as it is a complete disaster.

Overall Opinion

This smoker/cooker is poorly designed and resulted in smoked food that had no visible bark and was only partially-cooked.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, even if you get it for free like we did.

Amount Paid (US$): gift

Find grills, smokers and fryers at Target.com! Go big or go home with the masterbuilt 7 in 1 gas smoker grill. This masterbuilt gas smoker is also a g...

BRAND NEW! SHIPS FAST FREE to ALL 50 STATES! NO SALES TAX!A one-stop shop for outdoor cooking, the Masterbuilt M7P 7-in-1 smoker/grill can be used for...
About Us FAQs Contact Us Need Help? Call Us 1-866-903-0852 MASTERBUILT M7P 7-in-1 Smoker Grill Manufacturer # MASTERBUILT MPN # MASTM7P Product Descri...
A one-stop shop for outdoor cooking, the Masterbuilt M7P 7-in-1 smoker/grill can be used for propane smoking and grilling, charcoal smoking and grilli...
Browse our Store | Ask a Question | Return Policy | Promotions | About Us Product Description Specification Payment Shipping Returns Masterbuilt M7P G...
Masterbuilt M7P Known for quality and innovation, Masterbuilt's cooking products set the standard. If you're looking to get the most flavor out of yo...
Wayfair