oreck AV-701B ElectrikBroom - Midnight blue - Stick Cleaner Reviews

Epinions Product Rating: OK

The Fate of an Oreck

Jan 25, 2008
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:convenience in product style

Cons:NEVER WORKS AGAIN WHEN THE BATTERY RUNS OUT!

The Bottom Line: I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT BECAUSE IT IS DESTINED TO DIE AND CAN NEVER WORK AGAIN! (see title)

I got an Oreck Electrikbroom as a "gift" for buying an air purifier. They retail at $100. Once charged, it was really useful and fun to use, even for the children. My little boy loved to use the removable hand-vac and clean up messes.
The problem with this product, sneaky as Oreck can be, is that when the battery dies, the whole thing becomes worthless. We had moved, and the charging cord got separated from the Electrikbroom. After a month or so when I got unpacked and got the two back together, the battery had died and WOULD NOT CHARGE ever again. Not only that, but this morning I called to order a replacement battery and was told that the battery cannot be replaced because it is soldered in place! VERY sneaky, as the owner's manual even has "instructions" for replacing the battery that is impossible to replace!
The customer service rep. was very polite in telling me that there is nothing that can be done for it. When I asked her if it is just good for going into the trash now, she told me I was welcome to throw it in the trash if I would like to.
What a waste.
What good is a vacuum with no power??!!
So, if you would like to throw your money away on a product with an uncommonly short life span, buy an Oreck Cord-Free Electrikbroom. I certainly never will again; that company has lost my trust completely!

Eliminate the dust from your home with the Oreck ElectrikBroom AV-701B handheld cleaner. With a rechargeable battery, this Oreck handheld cleaner can ...

DESCRIPTION: The rechargeable two-speed system with revolving agitator brush is superior for quick pickup cleaning on all surfaces. And there is no co...