Oscar de La Renta Oscar 1.7oz  Women's Eau de Toilette Reviews

Oscar de La Renta Oscar 1.7oz Women's Eau de Toilette

Oscar for Women by Oscar de la Renta

Jul 2, 2003 (Updated Jul 2, 2003)

Pros:beautiful, well balanced aroma

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: spicy, floral, fruity. very well balanced. I recommend for cooler weather or night wear.

It is possible to buy perfumes for less than one would in a department store. For example, a 3.3 ounce eau de toilette spray of Oscar for Women can be found in many department stores for $70. On the internet, it's possible to purchase the same item for about $43. Having said this, why would anyone buy perfume at a department store? The answer comes in three little word...gift with purchase.

I discovered Oscar for Women when making a recent purchase of Boucheron at a Jones Store. My $70 perfume and lotion gift set of Boucheron was given to me along with a great box of Oscar de la Renta items including a mini bottle, an spray atomizer, a set of scented soaps, lotions and a pearly veil creme.

I finally got a chance to use some of the Oscar For Women samples the other day and I was delighted. The scent begins with a touch of orange blossom and corriander. As the orange blossom becomes more muted, it is replaced by a sweet peach or apricot aroma and a touch of jasmine. I'm normally not a fan of jasmine in perfume, but this was light. It wasn't at all cloying. Finally, behind all these there is the scent of cloves and lavendar. Lavendar is another of those scents I usually find overpowering. It makes me sleepy and it makes my eyes itch. Here, however, it is strictly a background to the other scents. It serves to accentuate rather than to take over. Overall, Oscar for Women is a gorgeous smelling perfume. It is very well balanced.

Because it is a slightly headier aroma, I will be saving Oscar for Women for evening wear and for cold weather wear. I think it is too much for summer. In the summer, I like lighter clothes and lighter fragrances.

Oscar's lotion, soaps and pearly veil are all very nice on their own. They also work well together for those who like an all-over, single aroma. They do not overpower. The lotion does a good job moisturizing. The pearly veil gives a nice sheen to the skin without being greasy. The soaps have a nice aroma. They are shaped like flower blossoms. They are too small to really be much use, however. They are greyish in color and would be very nice in a fancy soap dish in the right bathroom, but for washing up, I'd only use them as a fall back, or stuffed in a soap sock.

In the end, I give OSCAR for women a big thumbs up.

********

If you are interested in reading more of my women's fragrance reviews, you can find some of them at these links:

Asja by Fendi

Extravagance d’Amarige by Givenchy

Realm by Erox

Boucheron by Boucheron

Oscar for Women by Oscar de la Renta

Oscar de la Renta is a world renowned, long established fashion designer. His 1977 fragrance simply titled Oscar, is an elegant, spicy floral. With th...