Oster 4246 2-Speeds Blender Reviews

Oster 4246 2-Speeds Blender

Fantastic smoothies and much more!

Sep 25, 2006 (Updated Sep 25, 2006)

Pros:Great, even blending action. Powerful motor. Quickly and effortlessly pulverizes frozen fruits for smoothies.

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: I highly recommend this blender. It is substantial, powerful, attractive, reasonably priced, and out performs any blender I have ever used.

Yesterday I returned my KitchenAid KSB5 Ultra Power Blender (please see my review) and replaced it with an Oster 4242. The 4242 is the brushed chrome version of the 4246.

This blender is the “classic beehive design”, so called because the base looks somewhat like a beehive in its shape and in its slightly scalloped surface. The brushed chrome finish has a classy look. On top sits the round, 5 cup glass container which is dishwasher safe, having on one side metric measurements and on the other, cups. It has a spout for easy pouring. The black lid fits well in order to prevent leakage and has a feeder cap so that ingredients can be added while blending.

The blender has a powerful 500 watt motor and has an all metal drive system, which according to the advertising, is rare among blenders. There are 4 very sharp blades, referred to in the book as “ice crush blades”, that are bent into just the right configuration, giving them the ability to pulverize ice or frozen fruits. The glass container is threaded, as is a bottom cap containing the blades. The bottom cap screws onto the glass container with a rubber ring between them, ensuring a tight seal.

This model has only 2 speeds, but after doing much research, I am convinced that no one needs more speeds than 2. It has one toggle switch. Down is for low speed or pulse and up is for high speed. On low speed, the switch must be held down or can be held down and released for pulse. On high speed the switch stays in place so that there is no need to hold it down.

I have read many reviews with complaints about blenders being noisy. I think that if a blender is powerful it is going to make some noise. This one is no exception, but for the great job it does, I can take it!

As for the job it doesԵ cheers for the Oster! It exceeds my expectations! I primarily wanted a blender for smoothie making. We make smoothies twice daily from frozen strawberries, blueberries, pineapples, or peaches, a banana, and fresh squeezed orange juice. I needed a blender that would easily turn those hard, frozen fruits into slush without leaving any chunks or pieces. The KitchenAid, was powerful enough, but couldn’t do the job I needed it to do with those frozen fruits. The Oster, which was only $48.89 at Target, far surpasses the more expensive KitchanAid. As soon as I got my Oster home, I washed the blender container, tossed in some frozen berries, a banana, and a little juice. I pulsed it 2 or 3 times, turned it on high for about 30 seconds, and presto! I had the smoothest, creamiest smoothie ever! I have been making smoothies for years using my old Oster which finally crashed after 20 years of service. This smoothie is so much better than those prepared in my old appliance. I didn’t think this consistency could be achieved apart from a professional machine. I normally don’t add ice to my smoothies, but added it just to see how the blender would perform. There was not the first little piece of ice noticed in the smoothie. It, too, was pulverized and blended perfectly.

I wanted to try something other than smoothies, thus I found a recipe for potato pancakes in the booklet included with the blender. I chopped a couple of raw potatoes into large pieces, dropped them in with the other ingredients, pulsed a couple of times, blended on high approximately 45 seconds, and got a perfectly smooth mixture. I observed the blending action and noticed that the contents were pulled down into the blades quickly and evenly with no stirring necessary, despite the small amount of liquid.

I just can’t say enough about this blender. I would never have believed that such a reasonably priced blender could do such a fantastic job! I can hardly wait to try it for soup tonight and hummus dip tomorrow!

Amount Paid (US$): $48.89

Oster 465 Blender, Retro Chrome 2 Speed, 5 Cup Glass Jar 465

Oster 465 Blender, Retro Chrome 2 Speed, 5 Cup Glass Jar 465

Oster 465 Blender Retro Chrome 2 Speed 5 Cup Glass Jar 465
Oster Blender. Beehive 2-Speed Blender with 6-Cup Glass Jar in Red 004270-615-NP0

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Classic style with lasting durability, this Oster Beehive Blender takes you back in time with retro design and ...
Home Depot

Oster 2614 2-speed 250-watt Hand Blender, White/silver,

Oster 2614 2-speed 250-watt Hand Blender, White/silver,

Oster 2614 2-Speed 250-Watt Hand Blender, White/Silver Click Thumbnails to Enlarge The Oster 2614 Hand Blender is an ergonomically designed unit with ...

Hand Blender Oster 2614 2-speed 250-watt White/silver Small Kitchen Appliances

Hand Blender Oster 2614 2-speed 250-watt White/silver Small Kitchen Appliances

Home All Sales Babies Toddlers Kids Who are We Contact Us Feedback Accessories Bath Time Bedding Shoes Sandals Swimwear Underwear New Oster 2614 2-Spe...

Oster 2614 2-speed 250-watt Hand Blender, White/silver

Oster 14-Speed Blender with Glass Jar, White

Oster 14-Speed Blender with Glass Jar, White

Pulverize, Chop and Blend with an Oster 14-Speed Blender You'll enjoy making smoothies, milk-shakes, boat drinks, pureed soups and other blended bever...

Oster 2614 2-speed 250-watt Hand Blender, White/silver