Peg Perego Elegante Purple Standard Single Seat Stroller Reviews

Peg Perego Elegante Purple Standard Single Seat Stroller

2003 Peg Perego Elegante - The best stroller/carriage!

Aug 23, 2003 (Updated Aug 25, 2003)

Pros:Removable seat, lightwieght, swivel wheels on chassis

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Buy it! Buy it! Buy it!! You will never be sorry that you did.

I recently purchased the 2003 Peg Perego Elegante stroller/carriage. There are several different chassis you can choose from. The one we purchased was the modern chassis, (this is the one with the swivel front wheels) in the charcoal color and the elegante stroller seat in black sable. This is by far the best, best stroller we have ever had! Having a total of four kids, I have gone through every style and manufacturer from Graco to Maclaren to Inglesina to Bertini to Peg Perego and so on. My favorite manufacturer is Peg Perego. I think they make the highest quality in strollers and high chairs.

Before purchasing this stroller we had the Peg Perego Milano XL, Venezia SNG, the Aria, Aria Twin, and the Pliko. None of which I really loved. All are great strollers, but there was always something I would have liked to change.

What sold us on the Elegante seat and modern chassis was the removable seat. This sounded like a great feature to have when out on a walk and the baby has fallen asleep. Since the seat is removable, no need to wake up the baby, just remove the seat from the chassis and take the baby inside.

This stroller has everything you can think of in a high end stroller. The name Peg Perego speaks for itself! Here are the features of the stroller.

Fully reclining seat,reversible seat, 5 point safety harness, adjustable foot rest, huge hood/canopy, winter boot, gorgeous black sable fabric, swivel wheels on the chassis-this was very important as we are not big fans of the strollers with fixed wheels. Huge storage basket underneith the stroller, adjustable handle, and parent cup holder/tray.

The modern chassis as well as the other available chassis can not only accomodate the Elegante stroller seat, but will accomodate the Primmo Viaggio carseat and the Navetta bassinet. Either one just clicks directly onto the chassis. You just can not get anymore connvient!! I just can not say enough great things about this stroller. I loved it so much, I just purchased the Peg Perego Duette in black sable as well. The Duette is the double version of this stroller. FYI-The Duette manuevers much easier than the Tender Xl!

I would highly recomend this item. You just can not go wrong with this stroller. It has all the features.

Re: Hi there and welcome to the site (Delete your comment)
by fourmonkeys
Thanks! The stroller is very easy to use in any situation. The mall and long walk are wonderful. The actual stroller seat easily removes from the chassis (stroller frame) by simply pushing two buttons underneith the seat and then just lifts off. The chassis are very light and fold in seconds. There are two buttons, one on each side of the frame. You just push one and then the other and the chassis fold up very compact and lock closed.

This is very easy to store in the car. I just take the seat off, fold the chassis, put the chassis in the car and set the seat on top. Very simple.

Regarding the brakes, yes there are brakes on all four wheels. The back brakes are very simple, there is just one long bar in between the wheels. You just push that down and both back wheels lock at the same time.

The seat position can be changed by simply removing the stroller seat and turning it around. Depending on if you want the child to face you or face outward. My son faces outward, unless he is tired, then I have him face me. He seems to fall asleep faster that way.

The winter boot is great if you live some were that gets cold in the winter. It basically covers the entire bottom half of the stroller to keep your little one warm in the cold weather.

The foot rest is so easy to adjust, you just lift up the foot rest and there is a metal bar undernieth that hold it up. When you want the footrest down, just lift up on the footrest and the bar releases and the footrest can be put down.

The adjustable handle is a breeze as well. There is a button on either side of the handle. Push each in and adjust the handle to your comfort.

Hope this has been helpful. You can view this stroller at babysaurus.com and babycatalog.com.

Age Range of Child: 0 to 12 Months

Peg Perego 12 Volt Case IH Magnum Tractor with Trailer - Red

Peg Perego 12 Volt Case IH Magnum Tractor with Trailer - Red

Find ride-on toys at Target.com! Your little one will feel all grown up driving the peg perego 12-volt case ih magnum tractor with trailer in red. the...

Peg Perego IGOR0057 Case IH Power Scoop

Peg Perego IGOR0057 Case IH Power Scoop

Give your child a playtime experience that is sure to make them smile with the Case IH Power Scoop 12-Volt Battery-Powered Ride-On. Kids will delight ...

Peg Perego Case IH Magnum Tractor & Trailer Battery Powered Riding Toy - Red Multicolor - IGOR0055

Shop for Tricycles and Riding Toys from Hayneedle.com! The Case IH Magnum Tractor with Stake Side Trailer by Peg Perego will be the highlight of your ...
Hayneedle

Peg Perego IGOR0055 Case IH Magnum Tracktor with Trailer

Peg Perego IGOR0055 Case IH Magnum Tracktor with Trailer

The Peg Perego Case IH Magnum Tractor and Trailer Ride-On takes outdoor play excitement to the next level. Children light up when they drive this 12-v...

Peg Perego 12 Volt Battery Charger

Peg Perego 12 Volt Battery Charger

Product Description Peg Perego 12 Volt Charger works with all 12 Volt Peg Perego Vehicles and Batteries. SKU: ADIB000EBXRZA
Peg Perego Green 6 Volt Charger for Peg Perego Vehicles

Peg Perego Green 6 Volt Charger for Peg Perego Vehicles

6 Volt Green Charger for use with Peg Perego Toys
2xPower

Peg Perego Ride On Toys 6 Volt 6 V Battery Charger

Peg Perego Ride On Toys 6 Volt 6 V Battery Charger

UP FOR SALE ''FITS THE GREEN CASED BATTERY''BRAND NEW 6 VOLT BATTERY CHARGER FOR THE PEG PEREGO BRAND OF RIDE ON 6 VOLT TOYS PEG PEREGO ITEM # MECB003...

Peg Perego IGCD0522 John Deere Farm Tractor and Trailer

Peg Perego IGCD0522 John Deere Farm Tractor and Trailer

Your 2-4 year old will help you get those hauling projects going with this chain driven pedal tractor with matching trailer A built in dashboard with ...

Peg Perego Charger 12 Volt Blue

Peg Perego Charger 12 Volt Blue

12 Volt Blue Charger for use with Peg Perego Toys
2xPower

Peg Perego 6 Volt Rechargeable Battery

Peg Perego 6 Volt Rechargeable Battery

Find ride-on toys at Target.com! Give your child the gift of non stop fun with a spare peg perego rechargeable battery! Kids love to ride their batter...