Pentax ZX-30 35mm SLR Film Camera

A very good camera, perfect if . .

Apr 25, 2001 (Updated Aug 15, 2001)

• Battery Life:
  • Photo Quality:

Pros:simple, easy to use, good useful features, responsive, quiet (except AF), lightweight, compact, cheap.

Cons:cheap plastic body (not sturdy), dim viewfinder image and unclear/small display, no self-timer LED

The Bottom Line: An ideal choice for many users.

It is a very good and carefully designed camera indeed. In my opinion, even better than the ZX-7 or many other models of the other brands, even not consider the price. The most lovely thing of the camera is that all the features are basic useful ones and they are easily accessible and the handling of the camera is superior. You can use the point and shoot typical program modes or the classic A, S, M modes. I like the single focus area in the center, You will not choose the wrong mode becoz there is not much additional modes for you to choose. There is no choice of metering also, but I am satisfied with the 6-zone multi-pattern metering. It is quite accurate but of course not 100% reliable.

It is also a quiet and responsive camera, except that the AF noise is at a normal acceptable level.

Some should note that non-A Pentax lenses cannot be used with this camera, but this is not a problem for me.

I did not very like the plastic lens mount in the very beginning, but after used for months, I only found that the mount was scratched but there is no shift in position of the mounted lenses at all. By considering I just have 2 common zoom lenses and one fixed wide-angle, the plastic mount may be enough for me.

Nevertheless, I must mention some poor materials used in the camera body. The top plate is very easily scratched. The construction of the battery door is very poor also, the joint seems to be broken very soon! If you don't mind a camera body
with scratches, I think it will be ok for you. BTW, I am not very minded about it, but just mention.

The viewfinder is not very clear, even after diopter adjustment, and rather dim in low light. On the other hand, you cannot see the displayed information in the viewfinder clearly under sunlight!

Lastly, I would mention something about the user manual. It is useful and clearly written, or sometimes a little bit lengthy, e.g., it has been mentioned many many times the camera will not work if the lens' aperture is not set to "A". Furthermore, I note that some of the illlustrations in the manual are not accurate, e.g., the LCD displays an exposure combination of F22 and 1/125s for the "action program", just because Pentax used the same picture on different pages for different program modes!

Nikon N8008 35mm Slr Film Camera Body Unused Blank Warranty

Lomography - Konstruktor Do-It-Yourself 35mm Film SLR Camera, Transparent Collector's Edit

Lomography Konstruktor Do-It-Yourself 35mm Film SLR Camera, Transparent Collector's Edition Kit The Lomography Konstruktor Do-It-Yourself 35mm Film SL...
Adorama

Vivitar T200 35mm Point And Shoot Film Camera - Brand In Retail Box

Vivitar T200 35mm Point And Shoot Film Camera - Brand In Retail Box

Vivitar T200 35mm Flash Switchable Panoramic Film Camera Product Features Switch between Panorama and Normal Formats 28mm F/90 Taking Lens, Focus Free...

Lomography Colorsplash 35mm Film Camera (White/Black)
Lomography - Konstruktor Do-It-Yourself 35mm Film SLR Camera Kit - Includes All Components

Lomography Konstruktor Do-It-Yourself 35mm Film SLR Camera Kit - Includes All Components for Construction The Lomography Konstruktor Do-It-Yourself 35...
Adorama

Jazz 206 35mm Camera Kit Film Camera Normal(expired)

Jazz 206 35mm Camera Kit Film Camera Normal(expired)

For Sale Jazz 206 35mm Camera Kit Film Camera Normal(EXPIRED) shown as pictured.Please note that film is expired (1999).Thanks for your Interest!

Indoor Outdoor 35mm Single Use Film Camera 27 Exp./poses Color Prints & Flash

Indoor Outdoor 35mm Single Use Film Camera 27 Exp./poses Color Prints & Flash

Capture the special moments wherever you go, with the Fujifilm QuickSnap 400 35 mm film camera. The fixed-focus lens of this Fujifilm film camera yiel...

Minolta Zoom 80 35mm Point And Shoot Film Camera

Minolta Zoom 80 35mm Point And Shoot Film Camera

Minolta Zoom 80 35mm Point and Shoot Film Camera

25 Vivitar T200 35mm Cameras Teachers Student Class Special W/25 Rolls Free Film

25 Vivitar T200 35mm Flash Switchable Panoramic Film Cameras. Special lot great for Teachers/Students/Photography classes! Also includes 25 Rolls of U...