Philips MPD700 Portable DVD Player (7") Reviews

Philips MPD700 Portable DVD Player (7")

Piece of Junk

Feb 9, 2005
Rated Show
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Sound:
  • Picture Quality:

Pros:It was fine when it worked.

Cons:Magnavox claims no warranty or makes you pay more than purchase price for repair/replacement.

Ok. We bought the MPD-700 from our local Target store last year (May 28, 2004). It suddenly stopped working two weekends ago (January 29, 2005). The unit either says "Loading" while spinning endlessly, or says "No Disc" and stops spinning. I called Magnavox customer support and they first said that it was outside of the 90-day warranty. I told them that I had the warranty right there in my hand and that true, the *first* part of the warranty expired after 90-days, but that the second part of the warranty (where you send it back to them for a replacement for a "preset exchange fee") extended through 1-year post-purchase. After being put on hold for five minutes, they came back and said, oh yeah, you are right. I asked them what the "present exchange fee" was, and they said $250.00! This is more than what I paid for my unit! Needless to say, I will never buy another Phillips (parent of Magnavox) or Magnavox product again. I will be contacting my lawyer to see if my state (Georgia) laws provide any greater warranty protection than what came with the unit. I would not recommend Magnavox to anyone!

Philips Pd700/37 7-in Lcd Portable Dvd Player, White (discontinued By

Philips Pd700/37 7-in Lcd Portable Dvd Player, White (discontinued By

Portable DVD Player with Screen, 7 inch, Progressive Scan, Dolby Digital (Digital out only) Sound

Philips Pd700/37 7-inch Lcd Portable Dvd Player, White (discontinued By

Philips Pd700/37 7-inch Lcd Portable Dvd Player, White (discontinued By

Philips Pd700/37 7-inch Lcd Portable Dvd Player, White (discontinued By Manufact

Philips Portable 9 Multi Region Dvd Player Dual Screen For Car Code Free

Philips Portable 9 Multi Region Dvd Player Dual Screen For Car Code Free

Play your movies and music in car! The Philips PD9012 featuring two 9 TFT LCD display screens let you indulge in enjoying your DVD movies, music and p...
Philips Pd700 7 Lcd Portable Dvd, Cd And Mp3 Player White With Stereo Speakers

Philips Pd700 7 Lcd Portable Dvd, Cd And Mp3 Player White With Stereo Speakers

Philips Pet741/37 Portable Dvd Player W/ 7-in Lcd, White

Philips Pet741/37 Portable Dvd Player W/ 7-in Lcd, White

Savor watching movies in the backdrop of your windows using the anti-glare polarizer LCD screen of this Philips PET741/37 DVD player. Stay relieved ev...

Philips Pd703 White 7 Lcd Portable Dvd Player Video Game System W/ Control

Philips Pd703 White 7 Lcd Portable Dvd Player Video Game System W/ Control

Portable DVD Player, 7 inch, Dolby Digital (Digital out only) Sound, Weight: 1.57 lb. (712.14 gr)

Philips Pd703/37 7-in Lcd Portable Dvd Player W/ Wireless Game Controller, White

Philips 9 Wide Lcd Screen Portable Rechargeable Travel Dvd Player - Pd9000/37