AT&T 9355... Almost decent (Snicker)
Dec 23, 2000
Review by pelirojo18
Rated a Very Helpful Review
Pros:compact, light, good display
Cons:annoying ring, faulty answering machine
My family owns 6 telephones in our household, and this telephone is by far the worst of the group. There are a number of features offered by this telephone that, on paper, are convenient and worth a little extra money; however, most of them are flawed and frustrating.
Recommend this product?
The AT&T 9355 is a cordless phone/answering machine that is lightweight and compact, allowing for wall placement or simply on a tabletop. It requires 3 AAA batteries.
The handpiece has a display screen about 1" wide and .5" tall that displays the last number called as well as the memory and redial options, which are used by pushing the corresponding button below the display.
Other features on the handpiece include:
-Flash button for caller waiting
-Volume and Channel control buttons
-Answering machine controls like delete, skip, etc.
The answering machine:
The answering machine allows for two separate voice boxes and is digital, so tapes are unnecessary. The answering machine is located on the main console, along with the charging bay.
The phone can sit in the charging bay either display up or display down, but one of the best features is the long battery life of this phone. The phone can be left on the hook overnight and be used all day without problem.
The problems I have had with this phone:
1) For some reason, the ring on this phone is not in sync with every other phone in our house. This is not a big issue or anything, but it is rather annoying to have the ringer go off out of order.
2) Countless people have told me that they have trouble getting to the various voice boxes when leaving a message. The instructions tell the user to inform callers to press 1 or 2 depending on which box they want, but when the caller does this one of two things happens. Because there is no way to let the caller know if they have successfully pressed the number, if often seems as if they have messed up, so they hang up. What happens every time is that the "beep" of pressing the number records itself as its own message, so if you have 4 messages on the display, it is likely that you only have 2 messages and 2 "beeps".
3) A few times, when pressing the Flash button, I have hung up on the other person.
4) The time feature on the phone that allows the answering machine to label each message with the time given has yet to work even once. After you finally figure out how to set it, good luck keeping it on track
All in all, I have used worse phones in my life, but for the money, this may be the worst phone you can buy. On paper, this phone is magnificent, and some of its features are really good (size, display, etc.) but my overall recommendation is to stay away from the AT&T 9355.
Thanks and have a great day.
Share this product review with your friends
- ClearSounds 900MHz amplified expandable cordless phone - Expands up to 3 handsets total - UltraClear sound-clarifying technology - Hearing aid compa...
AT&T SB67148 SynJ 4-Line Expansion Cordless Deskset, 1921.536MHz - 1928.448MHz RF Frequency Band, 180 Minutes Recording Time The AT&T SB67148 SynJ 4-L...
Panasonic KX-TD7885 (Black), 900 Mhz Cordless Phone System, 12 Programmable Buttons, 3-Line Backlit LCD Display, Caller ID Compatible, Handset Locator...
Clear Sounds Amplified Cordless Phone Hearing aid compatible. 110 decibel handset amplification. 6 levels of ringer volume control. LCD display for Ca...
AT&T CL83451 DECT 6.0 1.90 GHz Cordless Phone
AT&T ATTCL82301 Features: -Cordless phone.-3 Handset answering system.-Expand the system up to 12 handsets through single phone jack.-Push-to-Talk fea...
Southwestern Bell FF2100 900 MHz 1-Line Cordless Phone
Clarity W425-PRO Brand New Includes One Year Warranty, Item # W425P, 900MHz Cordless Phone, Amplified Volume - Up To 47dB, Hearing Aid Compatible, One...
Single line operated. Clock and calendar, call screening
EnGenius DuraFon PRO HC Cordless Phone Handset