Plantronics CT10 900 MHz Single Line Cordless Phone Reviews

Plantronics CT10 900 MHz Single Line Cordless Phone

Crystal clear cordless.

Sep 23, 2002

Pros:bulletproof call quality, small remote handset

Cons:few features, no pause key for memory

The Bottom Line: Amazingly good call quality, but, the feature set is quite limited. A great choice if your primary concern is call quality.

I just got over a horrible experience w/ a 2.4 Ghz Panasonic (see my review on it for more info). I knew Plantronics has been in the corporate phone business for awhile, so, I figured their standards would be high; I was right.

This cordless phone runs at 900mhz, so its range is limited relative to 2.4 Ghz, but, the call quality in my 12'x12' office is as good as a corded hardline phone; no joke.

The reversable headset is of really nice quality as well. Programming the memory presets is easy enough, however, each preset is limited to 16 digits, and there is no "pause" key for entering DTMF sequences (for voice mail retrieval for example). The other annoying thing is that when muted, there is a faint beeping so you know you're muted (there's also a visual LED indicator for mute). I checked their online support regarding both of these issues and they indicate there is indeed no support for disabling the mute beeps or for inserting a pause.

The phone is low on the feature totem pole, but, I haven't heard call quality this strong on a cordless phone to date.

Open Box Contents NEW NEVER used