Planon System Solutions DocuPen R700 Handheld Scanner Reviews

Planon System Solutions DocuPen R700 Handheld Scanner

the worst buy I have ever made

Aug 17, 2007
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:nothing

Cons:week plastic , very expensive , bad customer support, low quality scanning, unacceptable software.

The Bottom Line: don't buy this

hello,
you pay 350 bucks for a piece of plastic that can be used for nothing.
I bought 3 memory card in order to find one that can be read by this machine.
very slow transferring images
the most difficult driver to install. you going to waste hours trying to get this thing to work.
horrible quality material. maybe the lowest and cheapest kind of plastic , I don't imagine that this will live for more than one month. and there is no warranty
After all, customer service sucks. it took me 5 phone calls to get RMA number and still trying to get one.
They made sure to hire the most rude person for tech support. the guy didn't want to "wast time with me on the phone" and claimed that the website is clear enough for instructions.

the biggest shock you will have that once you put the card in that machine it can never be read by the computer unless you format it again. the card can only be read by the pen itself. I thought I can scan and put all my docs on the card but it can not be done .

just don't say that no one told me.

Interface: USB

Features: Battery Operated for Full Portability Purposes. Stores Up to 100 Pages into Memory Scans Take Approximately 4 to 8 Seconds Scans a Full Page...