Polk Monitor 60 Floor Standing Speakers Reviews

Polk Monitor 60 Floor Standing Speakers

Outstanding speakers for the money

Nov 20, 2006

• Flatness:
  • Imaging:
  • Overall Sound:

Pros:Looks great, small enough for a medium-sized room, mids and highs are reproduced beautifully.

Cons:Could be better on the bass, but that can be easily corrected with a subwoofer.

The Bottom Line: If you're looking for a solid mid-range price performer, buy these speakers.

These speakers really surprised me. At $600 a pair, they aren't cheap, but they don't go into that astronomical audiophile-quality price range either. I found that for the bulk of the music I listen to, these speakers perform admirably. The only thing really missing with these is low end performance. I compensated for that with a Polk PSW404 subwoofer and am very pleased with the results.

I bi-wired these up to my Onkyo 703 with high-end monster cables after listening to them with the single wire set-up using lower-end speaker wires. The difference is noticeable. If you're going to fork over $600 for these speakers, you should strongly consider spending a bit extra on the speaker wires so that you get the most bang for your buck. Take advantage of the bi-wiring feature to get the most you can out of these.

Mids and Highs are very well represented by this speaker. They sound best at moderate volume, though I'm sure they'd sound great at full blast with a better amp.

I ended up matching these with another set of Monitor 60's (4 total), my PSW404 sub and a CS1 center channel speaker for my Dolby Digital home theater. The room is medium sized and it fills the soundscape very nicely. SACD's sound fantastic on this system and the speakers pick up very subtle nuances of the music I listen to quite well. I'm especially impressed with how these speakers handle jazz and classical.

Amount Paid (US$): 600 (pair)

Polk Audio Tsi300 Floor Standing 3-way Tower Speaker - Black - Free Shipping

Polk Audio Tsi300 Floor Standing 3-way Tower Speaker - Black - Free Shipping

Get the Polk TSi300 3-way tower speakers and enjoy stunning quality sound like never before. With two 1/4-inch drivers, these Polk stereo speakers del...

Polk Audio RTiA5 Black Each  Floor-standing Speaker

Polk Audio RTiA5 Black Each Floor-standing Speaker

Floor-standing Speaker bass-reflex (ported) design,frequency response 40-26,000 Hz,Dynamic Balance drivers

Polk Audio FS10 Floor Stand for VM10 Satellite Speaker (Black)
Polk Tsi400 Black Floorstanding Speaker (single Speaker)

Polk Tsi400 Black Floorstanding Speaker (single Speaker)

With three 5-inch driver, the Polk Audio TSi400 speaker delivers an exceptional bass for a complete theater-like experience. The 1-inch silk dome twe...

Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry Each  Floor-standing Speaker

Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry Each Floor-standing Speaker

Floor-standing Speaker bass-reflex (ported) design, frequency response 40-26,000 Hz, Dynamic Balance drivers

Polk Audio RTiA7 Black Each  Floor-standing Speaker

Polk Audio RTiA7 Black Each Floor-standing Speaker

Floor-standing Speaker bass-reflex (ported) design,frequency response 35-26,000 Hz,Dynamic Balance drivers
Crutchfield

Polk Audio Monitor 55t Two-way Ported Floorstanding Speaker (single, Black)

Polk Audio Monitor 55t Two-way Ported Floorstanding Speaker (single, Black)

新建网页 1 Ne w Polk Audio Monitor 55T Two-Way Ported Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Black) Brand NEW Sealed! Not used or refurbished as other sel...

Newegg.com

Polk Tsi300 Black Floorstanding Speaker (single Speaker)

Polk Tsi300 Black Floorstanding Speaker (single Speaker)