Polk Monitor 60 Floor Standing Speakers Reviews

Polk Monitor 60 Floor Standing Speakers

Outstanding speakers for the money

Nov 20, 2006

• Flatness:
  • Imaging:
  • Overall Sound:

Pros:Looks great, small enough for a medium-sized room, mids and highs are reproduced beautifully.

Cons:Could be better on the bass, but that can be easily corrected with a subwoofer.

The Bottom Line: If you're looking for a solid mid-range price performer, buy these speakers.

These speakers really surprised me. At $600 a pair, they aren't cheap, but they don't go into that astronomical audiophile-quality price range either. I found that for the bulk of the music I listen to, these speakers perform admirably. The only thing really missing with these is low end performance. I compensated for that with a Polk PSW404 subwoofer and am very pleased with the results.

I bi-wired these up to my Onkyo 703 with high-end monster cables after listening to them with the single wire set-up using lower-end speaker wires. The difference is noticeable. If you're going to fork over $600 for these speakers, you should strongly consider spending a bit extra on the speaker wires so that you get the most bang for your buck. Take advantage of the bi-wiring feature to get the most you can out of these.

Mids and Highs are very well represented by this speaker. They sound best at moderate volume, though I'm sure they'd sound great at full blast with a better amp.

I ended up matching these with another set of Monitor 60's (4 total), my PSW404 sub and a CS1 center channel speaker for my Dolby Digital home theater. The room is medium sized and it fills the soundscape very nicely. SACD's sound fantastic on this system and the speakers pick up very subtle nuances of the music I listen to quite well. I'm especially impressed with how these speakers handle jazz and classical.

Amount Paid (US$): 600 (pair)

Polk Audio RTiA5 Black Each  Floor-standing Speaker

Polk Audio RTiA5 Black Each Floor-standing Speaker

Floor-standing Speaker bass-reflex (ported) design,frequency response 40-26,000 Hz,Dynamic Balance drivers
Crutchfield

Polk Audio Monitor 55t Two-way Ported Floorstanding Speaker (single, Black)

Polk Audio Monitor 55t Two-way Ported Floorstanding Speaker (single, Black)

新建网页 1 Ne w Polk Audio Monitor 55T Two-Way Ported Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Black) Brand NEW Sealed! Not used or refurbished as other sel...

Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry Each  Floor-standing Speaker

Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry Each Floor-standing Speaker

Floor-standing Speaker bass-reflex (ported) design, frequency response 40-26,000 Hz, Dynamic Balance drivers

Polk Audio RTiA7 Black Each  Floor-standing Speaker

Polk Audio RTiA7 Black Each Floor-standing Speaker

Floor-standing Speaker bass-reflex (ported) design,frequency response 35-26,000 Hz,Dynamic Balance drivers

Polk Audio TSi400 Black Compact Tower Speaker Single

Polk Audio TSi400 Black Compact Tower Speaker Single

Buy at Newegg.com Polk Audio TSi400 Black Compact Tower Speaker Single
Newegg.com

Polk Audio RTiA7 Cherry Each  Floor-standing Speaker

Polk Audio RTiA7 Cherry Each Floor-standing Speaker

Crutchfield

Polk Audio RC85i 2-Way In-Wall Speakers (Pair, White)

Polk Audio RC85i 2-Way In-Wall Speakers (Pair, White)

Feature: Size: 8 Inch Brand Name : Polk Audio Model : AW0085-A Color Name : White Speaker Type : Surround; Wall Mount; Ceiling Speaker Amplification T...
Polk Audio - CSi A4 5-1/4 Center-Channel Speaker

Polk Audio - CSi A4 5-1/4 Center-Channel Speaker

Enjoy crisp sound with this Polk Audio CSi A4 center-channel speaker that features two 5-1/4 polymer composite midranges and a 1 silk/polymer dome twe...
Best Buy

Polk Audio Rti A5 Tower Speaker Factory Authorized Chr

Polk Audio Rti A5 Tower Speaker Factory Authorized Chr

The Polk Audio RTIA5 Speaker has a 2-way construction with real wood veneer finish and feature Polk's exclusive power port technology that reduces noi...

Newegg.com