Seagram 7 Crown

Balanced classic if ya' love whiskey

Apr 16, 2004

Pros:Price, Mellow, 7&7 still a classic

Cons:Can thwart off non-whiskey drinkers, be sure to drink your water

The Bottom Line: If you drink whiskey and haven't had Seagram's 7, you owe yourself. Keep up with your water and it'll be well worth its little price tag.

Seagram's has been around for a long time, and 7 be there standard whiskey for a little less than standard price. I think when choosing a liquor, the following things must be addressed: taste/finish, mixing/shooting, drunk, and value. So here we go...

TASTE/FINISH
Pretty mild when compared to the bite of some others, but a robust flavor. It isn't the best tasting whiskey around, but deserves a bit more credit than it oftentimes earns. The finish is moderately lingering, and slightly pleasant.

MIXING/SHOOTING
As a mixer, who hasn't heard of 7&7 (Seagram's 7 and 7-Up if you've been living under the ocean for a few years). This one is pretty good, with their flavors nicely complementing. I find little else to mix it with, but I'm no bartender -- if you appreciate whiskey, maybe this blends better for you. Shooting is how Seagram's became known to me, and how I continue to observe its tradition :). With a moderate water chaser, the experience is more than acceptable.

DRUNK
Ok, let's get real now -- This is why you're considering buying a bottle. The drunk for Seagram's 7 is very enjoyable, and as long as you drink in moderation you should not get sick. Keep up on drinking your water, and you should feel no hangover (However, if you don't you could ;) you've been warned).

VALUE
If you are a whiskey lover, $11 (At least in my state) is a fair price to pay for a whiskey of this quality. If you aren't, its flavor may be harder to appreciate. Overall, this is probably my whiskey of choice for its price (hey, college students DO actually buy more than alcohol...) and it will earn repeat buys.

Seagram’s 7 Crown Stone Cherry Whiskey - 1L

Seagram’s 7 Crown Stone Cherry Whiskey - 1L

Seagram's 7 Stone Cherry whiskey has added flavors of cherry, citrus, and other natural flavors. An American blended whiskey with a touch of natural c...
ieWine by Napacabs