Sharp EL-334FB Scientific Calculator Reviews

Sharp EL-334FB Scientific Calculator

+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

Handy Desk Calculator

Mar 28, 2007

Pros:Big Screen, Big Buttons, Twin-Power (Battery & Solar), Easy to Use

Cons:Can't Perform Very Advanced Math

The Bottom Line: If you need a simple calculator with a large display and large buttons for your desk, this is a very nice one.

I got this Sharp calculator quite a few years ago and I still use it all the time for many of my calculating tasks. It is very nice and easy to use, and I've never had any problems with it.

The screen is nice for a calculator. It is a large 10-digit display that makes larger calculations easy to perform and see. The digits are just over 1/2" tall, which makes them very visible and easy to see.

The buttons are large and easy to use also. Except for the + button (which is larger), all of the buttons are about 1/2" by 1/2". The text on them is large: almost as large as the buttons. Even if your eyesight isn't very good, the buttons are very easy to see and you should have no problem with them.

The buttons on the calculator include all of the standard calculator buttons, 00 (making it quicker to enter numbers with double zeros), percent, +/-, backspace (arrow button), CM (clear memory), RM (read memory), M- (memory minus, for subtracting the current number for the number in memory), M+ (memory minus, for adding the current number to the number in memory), and GT (grand total memory; I've never used this so I'm unsure what it does). It also has the ability to add or subtract tax. It has two buttons for this, +Tax and -Tax. You can set a custom tax rate, and then add or subtract that amount of tax from the current number on the display. The tax, memory, and percentage buttons make this calculator very useful for simple money calculations.

In the 4 or 5 years I've had this calculator, the battery has never died. The calculator features the ability to get power from both the battery and the solar cell, so even if you don't have much light it still works well. On the other hand, if you do have light, the calculator uses that power and doesn't use up the battery. I'm not sure if the solar power is also used to charge the battery, but either way it never seems to run out of power.

Overall, this is a very user-friendly and functional calculator. It is not small enough for a pocket, but it functions nicely as a calculator that sits on your desk. It is also inexpensive, so I recommend it.

Purchase Price: 15

Perfect for home or small business setting. Ten-digit display with punctuation for larger calculations. Dual solar/battery power for use in any lighti...
About OfficeMax Payments Shipping Returns FAQ Office Supplies Technology Office Furniture Ink Toner Shop All Products All categories Click here to vie...

Versatile display can be angled for desktop use Extra-large (0.6in.) 10-digit LCD for easy viewing. Functions include: grand total, percent, +/-, tax ...
Office Depot
About Us Shipping Returns Contact Us FAQ Click to view full size Full Size Image Click to close full size. Sharp EL334TB Dual Power Portable Calculato...