Sony KP-48S75 48" Rear-Projection Television Reviews

Sony KP-48S75 48" Rear-Projection Television

Buy this TV at your own risk!

Apr 3, 2002
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Sound:
  • Picture Quality:

Pros:Good value for the money

Cons:Horrible image. Good luck if it lasts longer than a year after purchase.

The Bottom Line: Don't buy this TV. Sony makes better ones. In fact, try a Toshiba or Pioneer instead.

When I first purchased this TV I was happy as can be. Here I had a 48" projection TV for less than $1,500. Everything looked great.

Than the problems started happening about 7 months into my purchase. The main concern I had was loss of image detail, poor convergence and the worst problem, color streaking across the screen.

After three visits by the Sony techs, the problem has not been solved. Sony changed my A-board and the problem is still there. In the last visit, the techs think my TV will have to be replaced.

Bottom line, I knew projection TV images deteriorate faster than on regular tube TVs, but this is ridiculous. Luckily, my TV was still under warranty.

Amount Paid (US$): 1,400

Mwave Sony kp-50xbr800 lamp for Sony TV with Housing

Mwave Sony kp-50xbr800 lamp for Sony TV with Housing

New Replacement Lamp (includes bulb and housing) Compatible for Sony kp-50xbr800 Manufacturer Part Number: xl-2000u / xl-2000 / a1601753a
Mwave.com

SELECT 3M DT00471 Rear Projection Television Replacement Lamp RPTV

SELECT 3M DT00471 Rear Projection Television Replacement Lamp RPTV

SELECT 3M DT00471 Rear Projection Television Replacement Lamp RPTV - Battery1inc is a Registered Trademark and it's exclusively sold by Battery1inc on...
Sony Xl-5100 Hdtv Lamp Bulb W/housing Rear Projection Tv 6 Month Warranty

Sony Xl-5100 Hdtv Lamp Bulb W/housing Rear Projection Tv 6 Month Warranty

This is a brand new replacement lamp, highest quality replacement bulb with housing for Sony Rear Projection TV units. This will get your TV back up a...

SELECT BenQ CS-5JJ1B-1B1 Rear Projection Television Replacement Lamp RPTV

SELECT BenQ CS-5JJ1B-1B1 Rear Projection Television Replacement Lamp RPTV

SELECT BenQ CS-5JJ1B-1B1 Rear Projection Television Replacement Lamp RPTV - BRAND NEW PROJECTION LAMP WITH BRAND NEW HOUSING FOR BENQ PROJECTORS
Sony Xl-2400 Lamp Bulb W/housing Grand Wega 3lcd Rear Projection Tv Xl2400

Sony Xl-2400 Lamp Bulb W/housing Grand Wega 3lcd Rear Projection Tv Xl2400

This is a brand new replacement lamp, highest quality replacement bulb with housing for Sony Grand WEGA units. This will get your TV back up and runni...

Sony Xl-2400 Replacement Lamp For Grand Wega 3lcd Rear Projection Hdtv

Sony Xl-2400 Replacement Lamp For Grand Wega 3lcd Rear Projection Hdtv

Product Features 6 Month Warranty Installed in a Brand New Housing Product Details Product dimensions: 0 x 0.033 x 0.033 inches, 0 pounds Sony's XL-24...

Sony CX75 Projector Lamp & Housing & Warranty

Sony CX75 Projector Lamp & Housing & Warranty

Brand new Sony CX75 projector replacement lamp with housing.
DiscountTVLamps.com

Rear projection TV Diamond Green Label Lamp for HL-N507W
Sony XL5300 Projection Lamp Assembly with High Quality Philips UHP Original Bulb

XL5300 Sony Projection TV Replacement Lamp. Lamp Assembly with High Quality Philips UHP Bulb InsideXL5300 Projection TV LampPhlips UHP Bulb Inside
sony vpl-cx75 projector lamp replacement with bulb and housing

sony vpl-cx75 projector lamp replacement with bulb and housing

compatible lamp (with bulb and housing) fits into sony vpl-cx75, manufacturer part number: lmp-c161, warranty: 150 days
PureGlare