Sony RM-AV2100 Remote Control Reviews

Sony RM-AV2100 Remote Control

Control everything but the Stock Market...with the AV2100

Nov 14, 2001

Pros:Simple, Learning and Pre-Programmed, Good looking

Cons:No PC Interface, large, doesn't fully control many devices

The Bottom Line: I cannot imagine needing anything else in a remote, except the ability to shoot laser beams at people who try to use the equipment's factory remote!

What's out there
Anyone even considering buying a fancy remote like this is my kind of person. You must have a lot of electronics. How much is the piece of mind, of having one remote, worth? To me it was worth about $100 bucks. This price eliminates some of the top shelf universal remotes like the Phillips Pronto.

What this remote doesn't have
I love this remote, but if you are looking to buy I feel I should first tell you the negative. Most importantly, this remote does not have software to create and customize your remotes layout and commands. Although the remote learns, it has preset commands for a type of device. For example, a TV has volume, channel + -, etc... but not play or rewind. This means that for any strange function on that your TV may have, you either have to improvise (learning command to an unrelated button) or do without. This remote is not in color, like Pronto or other incredibly expensive remotes. It has only three macro buttons. Dim lighting on touch-screen, can light it up (but I am guessing this drains battery).

What you do get
I think that this remote packs quite a punch for $100 (look hard enough you'll find this price). You get great looking preset and learning remote with an LCD screen. The remote has 12 devices with 2 screens each. I constantly get compliments on how cool it is. I use it to control a whole bunch of components. Good range and learning is flawless. Also the remote is preset to control any Sony device right away (go figure).

Sony Integrated Remote Commander Model: RM-AV2100 Condition: New in opened box-unpackaged for pictures never used. Batteries not included.Command an a...

SONY Touch Remote RM-AV2100 I got this for Christmas a several years ago and never got around to using it, as you can see in the pictures.The box has ...