Summit CP171SS 12 cu. ft. Commercial Refrigerator Reviews

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Avoid Summit at all costs

Mar 5, 2009
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:Cool design

Cons:Crappy customer serviceOur fridge broke quickly

The Bottom Line: The design is nice, the quality is not. Customer service is poor.

Bought the CP171SS at a regular appliance store about a year ago. Over the course of the last few months we noticed severe ice build-up in the fridge (not freezer) part. I called and was told I need to pay $90 for a service technician, since my warranty had run out (by two weeks). The technician that arrived spoke hardly any English, was rude and simply said we needed freon. Now for the fun part: in order to GET the freon, Summit must pick up the refrigerator and take it back to their facility. Which means, in our case, tons of spoiled food and probably a week or more without a fridge! This is where we are at now and I have yet to report what will become of this, but when I called customer service in Brooklyn today to ask if the excessive ice build up may have caused the freon to run out, I was told "I dunno. I'm not a repair guy". Neither the technician at our house not anyone else could communicate if we are experiencing a typical problem, what may be the cause, why we have the ice buildup or if this is a known issue.I'm getting the distinct feeling that Summit cares next to nothing about how they treat their customers. You call and speak to disinterested dimwits. That's what you get for buying their product. Not to mention: a year-old fridge and broken? Not exactly quality, in my opinion. We hope this will be resolved, but today my hopes are low.

Summit Appliance Commercial 13 cu. ft. Glass Door All-Refrigerator in White SCR1300

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. SUMMIT's commercially approved beverage merchandisers are designed for durable service, convenient use, and att...
Home Depot

Summit CP133 9.5 cu. ft. 2 Door Refrigerator Freezer with Cycle Defrost CP133

Summit CP133 9.5 cu. ft. 2 Door Refrigerator Freezer with Cycle Defrost CP133

SUMMIT's thinline series of refrigeratorfreezers feature quality, efficiency, and value in slim twodoor models. The CP133 is ideally sized at just und...
HomeClick

Summit Commercial SCR1300 24 Freestanding Beverage Center 13.0 cu. ft. Capacity, White

CP36W 19 3.0 cu. ft. Compact Refrigerator with Zero Degree Freezer  Adjustable Shelves

CP36W 19 3.0 cu. ft. Compact Refrigerator with Zero Degree Freezer Adjustable Shelves

SUMMIT brings quality and efficiency to compact household cooling with the two-door ENERGY STAR qualified CP36W refrigerator freezer
AppliancesConnection

Summit Ffbf245ss 9.9 Cu.ft Counter Depth Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Stainless

Summit Ffbf245ss 9.9 Cu.ft Counter Depth Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Stainless

The Summit Appliances Division FFBF245SS Stainless Steel (9.8 cu. ft.) Bottom Freezer Refrigerator has 4 shelves and a capacity of 9.8 cu. ft. Also, t...
Summit CP171W 12.0 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer Refrigerator in White with Cycle Defrost CP171W

Deluxe from the inside out,SUMMIT CP171 series of refrigerators with bottom freezers use innovative technology for energy efficient cooling in a conve...
HomeClick

Summit Appliance 6 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator in White CT70

Summit Appliance 6 cu. ft. Mini Refrigerator in White CT70

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Solid construction meets great value in SUMMIT's perfectly sized CT70 refrigerator-freezer. This compact unit c...
Home Depot

Summit Ff1074ss 10 Cu.ft. Frost-free Refrigerator-freezer With Black

Summit Ff1074ss 10 Cu.ft. Frost-free Refrigerator-freezer With Black

Summit FF1074SS 10 cu.ft. frost-free refrigerator-freezer with black NIB Store About Us Shipping Policy FAQs Contact Info Summit FF1074SS 10 cu.ft. f...