Tasco Mini Compac 4X30 Binocular

"Mom, I SEE them!"

Jun 3, 2000

Pros:lightweight, compact, easy to use

Cons:not for big jobs

I love gardening. It's one of my strongest passions. What's a garden without attracting butterflies and birds? Well, to me it isn't a garden at all. That being said, I think it's obvious that I have a number of bird feeders and bird baths throughout my front and back yards.

Over the past couple of years, we have attracted several different species of butterflies and birds. Just last fall I realized that a different kind of bird was gracing my back yard daily. I could recognize the sparrows and the robins and the cardinals. But there were some that I had no idea what they were. Part of the reason was because I didn't recognize them and the other part was because it was difficult to get a good look at them.

That's when my husband came home one day with two gifts in tote. One was a book on North American birds that lists all the characteristics, photos of each bird, and all the information about the birds. The other gift was a pair of Tasco MINI 4X30mm COMPACT binoculars.

At first glance I didn't really expect much from these binoculars. They were enclosed in a tiny black bag with a velcro closure. I couldn't imagine that I would be able to get very much use out of these tiny things. After all, this is one of those items that I automatically assume size matters. Regardless, I smiled and thanked him for being so considerate and buying me such a sweet gift.

I proceeded to take the Tasco MINI 4X30mm COMPACT binoculars out of their handy bag and hold them. The first thing I noticed was the rubber around the eyecups was folded down. I then noticed that they were coated with a rubber armored finish that makes holding them in your hands comfortable. They also come with a thin neck strap that makes it easy to carry them around without worrying about dropping them.

I found myself dying to try them out, so I unfolded the rubber around the eyecups and held them up to my eyes. They needed to be adjusted. No problem. They are made to easily fold in and out in order to adjust them to fit your eyes. The transition from one size to the other is made with smooth ease. Plus, the rubber around the eyecups made it very comfortable to my eyes. I've tried others where you have to press your eyes up against a hard plastic and I know those can become uncomfortable to use after only a short while. So far I liked the Tasco MINI 4X30mm COMPACT binoculars.

Next I had to adjust the focus. This is done easily as well. Due to the compact size of the Tasco MINI 4X30mm COMPACT binoculars, it is simple to reach between the lenses and find the ridged focus adjuster. The transition when focusing the binoculars was great. The images came into focus with just the right amount of light and clarity for my taste. I was able to get a very close up look at my bird feeders from my back door, which is a good 40 feet or more. I could see every detail of the birds taking a break and having a snack in the middle of the afternoon.

The Tasco MINI 4X30mm COMPACT binoculars come in a small black bag, they have a neck strap for carrying them around, they come with a lense cloth suitable for wiping off the occasional smudges from the lenses. The overall feel of these binoculars is great with the rubber covered eyecups and the rubber finish. The adjustments that need to be made are easily done with a simple motion. They are lightweight, which is wonderful if you have to carry them around for any length of time or use them for an extended amount of time. When you are through using them, they simply fold up and fit snugly in their bag.

The specifics of the Tasco MINI 4X30mm COMPACT binoculars are 4 power magnification, 30mm objective lenses, and a 654 foot field of view.

I would highly recommend the Tasco MINI 4X30mm COMPACT binoculars to anyone who wants to do some birdwatching or needs a closer look at sporting events or the beaches. In fact, we took these along to my in-laws a few months ago and my children were able to use them to get a closer look at the goslings that took up residence across the pond from my in-laws home. They loved it and were more than capable of using the binoculars as effectively as I can. I was more than pleased that they were able to watch nature and when the words "Mom, I SEE them!" came out of their mouths, it was even more wonderful.

If you are looking for a pair of binoculars that will enable you to see things a mile away, these aren't for you. But if you are just in need of a compact, lightweight, every day use pair to do some gazing on occasion, I would suggest you go out and buy a pair of the Tasco MINI 4X30mm COMPACT binoculars.

Tasco Waterproof 10x25mm Compact Binocular Ts1025d

Tasco Waterproof 10x25mm Compact Binocular Ts1025d

These Tasco Binoculars are 100% waterproof and fogproof. Tasco Sierra 10x25 Waterproof Binoculars also feature multi-coated optics. The rugged rubber ...

Tasco Essentials Binocular 7X 35 Zip Focus Wide Angle Black 2001BRZ

Tasco Essentials Binocular 7X 35 Zip Focus Wide Angle Black 2001BRZ

Provided by JDVCommerce - Tasco Essentials Binocular 7X 35 Zip Focus Wide Angle Black 2001BRZ.

Tasco - 10x42mm Sierra Water Proof Roof Prism Binocular with 5.6 Degree Angle of View, 15m

Tasco 10x42mm Sierra Water Proof Roof Prism Binocular with 5.6 Degree Angle of View, 15mm Eye Relief, 6.0' Minimum Focus Distance. Tasco Sierra Roof P...
Adorama

Tasco Essentials 10-30x50 Zip Focus Zoom Binocular

The Lotoons Store Tasco Essentials 10-30x50 Zip Focus Zoom Binocular 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPI...

Tasco Essentials Binocular 8x21 Compact Water-resistant Roof Prism Black

Tasco Essentials Binocular 8x21 Compact Water-resistant Roof Prism Black

These ultra-light binoculars offer outstanding compact performance with rugged, rubber armor for hiking, backpacking or bicycle touring.

Tasco Essentials 10-30x50 Zip Focus Zoom Binocular

Essential porro-prism binoculars offer high-performance optics and tough, weather-resistant rubber-armor exterior.

Bushnell Optics Essential Tasco 12 x 25mm Compact Binoculars, Black

Bushnell Optics Essential Tasco 12 x 25mm Compact Binoculars, Black

These Essential Tasco Bushnell Compact Binoculars, with 12x magnification, offer outstanding performance for hiking, backpacking or bicycle touring. M...

Tasco Essentials 10-30x50 Zip Focus Zoom Binocular

Visit our Store Ask a question FREE SHIPPING Tasco Essentials 10-30x50 Zip Focus Zoom Binocular Upgrade to 2-Day Air for just $5.99! Item Description:...

Tasco - 12x50mm Essentials Series Weather Resistant Wide Angle Porro Prism Binocular with

Tasco 12x50mm Essentials Series Weather Resistant Wide Angle Porro Prism Binocular with 5.0 Angle of View Tasco's 12 x 50mm is an exceptional value in...
Adorama

Tasco Essentials Binocular 7x 35 Zip Focus, Wide Angle Black 2001brz

Tasco Essentials Binocular 7x 35 Zip Focus, Wide Angle Black 2001brz

Lightweight and packed with a host of features, the Tasco Essentials 2001BRZ Binocular with an incorporated porro prism optics for an ultra-clear view...