Tivoli Model Three Clock Radio Reviews

Tivoli Model Three Clock Radio

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Free Shipping Adorama
Free Shipping Wayfair

Quality, style and decadence all rolled into one package

May 11, 2004

• Sound:

Pros:Quality of tuner

Cons:No tone control

The Bottom Line: Absolutely and completely smitten. It has an endless style and sound quality that can make you shiver.

I own a slection of quality radios from Sony to Roberts and to say that Tivoli is the one to beat. Not only does it have the richest sound, but it's classic looks ooze style. The tuner is the same as the model 1 and 2 but with the addition of a clock and alarm function to round off the device. I recommend you add an extra speaker to create stereo sound (there is even an option to have a clock and second alarm in the second speaker) and you can also add the matching CD and subwoofer to complete the system (although I wouldn't necessarily recommend them).

Some reviewers are critical about the additional cost of the model 3 to the model 1 just for a an additional clock /alarm. This is matter for you to decide.
I have a good stereo system set up in the lounge that I listen to most of the time. I wanted a nice radio for the bedroom and felt that it would be silly to use a $10 machine to wake me up, and then switch on a $100 machine to listen to.

If you are the type of person who can afford to treat your senses to a bit of retro-decadence then look no further.

If you want a cheaper option without losing sound quality then buy the model 1 and a plug in timer for the wall socket...(you can boast about it at your Star Trek conference).
If you drive a BMW and think Rolex are great chronometers then buy a BOSE radio...you deserve each other.

'Nuff said. Beautiful machine... thank you Mr Kloss

Amount Paid (US$): $199

Tivoli Audio Model Three M3WHT AM/FM Clock Radio, White/Silver The Tivoli Audio Model Three M3WHT AM/FM Clock Radio (White/Silver) improves your mood ...
Adorama

Tivoli Audio LLC M3WHT Features: -Includes external FM antenna and external AC power supply.-Cabinet material: Natural wood.-Amber LED tuning indicato...
Wayfair