Toastmaster 1183N Bread Machine

Fresh, warm bread on a whim! Toastmaster Bread Maker)

Feb 26, 2001 (Updated Apr 25, 2001)

Pros:warm bread whenever you want it, easy, etc

Cons:large size

The Bottom Line: I LOVE my breadmaker & recommend it to anyone!

My husband had wanted to buy me a bread maker for years but I resisted. It’s not that I was one to make my own bread or anything, just that I questioned the need for an expensive kitchen appliance that would take up a lot of space on my countertop. And, besides, what’s the matter with buying bread from the grocery store? For Christmas ‘97 he bought me my Toastmaster Corner Bakery & Dessert Maker (model 1183) regardless of my feelings. Now I get it! … Fresh, WARM, delicious bread whenever I want it!

What I LOVE about my bread maker (besides the fresh, warm, delicious bread it makes):
- I can make 3 different size loaves depending on my needs – 1, 1½, or 2 pounds.
- It comes with an awesome cookbook filled with detailed directions on the correct way to make your bread. Better yet it contains 47 bread recipes, 18 dough recipes, a variety of butter recipes, 11 cake recipes, cheesecake recipes, AND pudding/pie filling/fudge recipes! Whew! They have everything from plain old white bread to French bread to Rye bread to Fat Free bread to Bloody Mary bread. Get the picture?
- As implied in the prior paragraph, you can even make little funny-looking cakes with this machine. I made the Apple Loaf cake & it was delicious. (Small but delicious!) The cakes are quite cute, actually, & I think they would make a great party hostess gift or thank you gift for a neighbor, for example.
- Putting the ingredients into the machine takes 15 mins tops.
- It takes awhile for the bread maker to bake the bread. Total mix/knead/rise/bake/cool times are from 3 hrs & 40 mins to a full 4 hrs. BUT this Toastmaster has an “Insta” program that allows you to bake many of the breads in just 2 hrs. There have been many times when I think at the last minute about making bread for dinner. This feature allows me to make a loaf real quick.
- Directions for each recipe are clear & very easy to follow.
- After the bread bakes it will keep the loaf warm for up to 3 hours if you let it. Otherwise you just shut the machine off when you’re ready to eat.
- It has a delay timer so you can put all the ingredients into the “pan” & allow it to start the baking process hours later.
- Clean up is extremely easy. The bread practically slips right out after baking with nothing left behind. No parts of this can be washed in the dishwasher but you won’t need to do that anyway.

The only thing I can think of that I do not like about this bread maker is that it is big, but then again they all are. Therefore, I highly recommend the Toastmaster Corner Bakery Bread & Dessert Maker to anyone considering their first or replacement bread maker. It’s great for large families or for couples since there are directions for 3 different size loaves. I think that capability is wonderful. I think the whole machine is wonderful & I especially think the bread that comes out is wonderful. Yum, yum!

Toastmaster TBR15 1-1/2-Pound Breadmaker

Toastmaster TBR15 1-1/2-Pound Breadmaker

Product Details Makes 1-1/2- or 1-pound horizontal loaves perfectly every time 13-hour delay timer for waking up or coming home to freshly made bread ...