Pros: Flat, Bright 14" Screen; Good color; Stereo; Universal Remote; DVD inputs
Cons: Not the fastest when changing channels
What can I say? I was looking to replace my 13" Sharp after 15 years so I started doing some comparison shopping, and no other model came close to this Toshiba one.
It has many features that larger high-end TV's have:
- 14" Flat picture tube - All other small TV's in this range currently are 13". The picture on the Toshiba is bright and clear, with good contrast and nice color. The screen is flat so the picture looks great. I have viewed this TV with direct sunlight coming in from a window and was still able to see the picture easily.
- Stereo with speakers on each side of the picture tube
- Favorite Channel ? I like this feature. My living room TV has it also. You can surf through up to 12 of your favorites channels to avoid having to go through the entire lineup. Of course you can still flip through the entire lineup too if you wish.
- Channel Labeling - Nice feature if you have cable or satellite with many channels
- Front Panel A/V Input - Great for gaming or hooking up a video camera
- Component Video Input - For DVD input
- Rear S-Video Input - A clearer alternative to regular RCA jacks
- Glow Universal Remote - Can use with the VCR and DVD too. Nice size and fit's in the hand well. Though the ?glow? doesn?t do too much: It doesn't light up but rather glows in the dark.
The only drawback this TV has is that it changes channels slightly slower than the comparable Sony and some other models. But it is only a slight difference. Try it out for yourself to be sure. After using the TV now for over a month it turns out not to be an issue for me. (My wife says I flip to much anyway!)
Also I don't care for the silver color TV's that Toshiba and every other company is putting out now. I prefer the black boxes, but that's just my personal preference. But this TV still looks very nice.