Visioneer Strobe XP 200 Pass-Through Scanner Reviews

Visioneer Strobe XP 200 Pass-Through Scanner

BEWARE! Avoid! Horrible!

Nov 7, 2007
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:None!

Cons:Everything! Sheets do not scan properly; ate document. Awful customer service. Won't stand behind warranty.

The Bottom Line: Not recommended. Doesn't scan documents properly. Visioneer Customer Service horrible! Though not stated in their manual, won't stand behind the warranty, unless it is purchased from an Authorized Visioneer Dealer.

I purchased a Visioneer Strobe XP-200 brand new online. I paid $200 for it, which was quite high for this small piece of equipment, but I thought it would expedite scanning things like receipts, etc. into my computer.

I installed the software, per the instructions, and when I was instructed to insert the calibration sheet, the calibration sheet kept wanting to slide around (tried to slide in crooked), instead of going straight through the scanner. By holding both sides of the calibration sheet, I finally got it to go through.

The first time that I tried to scan something (a newspaper article), the scanner "ate" the document; the entire document remained in the scanner. I read the manual carefully, and it did not give any restrictions about what could be scanned and what could not be scanned.

What was the beginning of a bad situation only got worse. When I called Visioneer Customer Service, I was told that they would not honor the warranty, because I did not purchase it from an "authorized Visioneer dealer." (There is no mention of this in the manual.) They refused to help me at all.

I tried to open the scanner to remove the article, but even after removing all the screws, I cannot open it. My husband tried, too, but there is no way that you can open the scanner to remove the document. Apparently, Visioneer uses a special tool to open them. Or, if anything goes wrong with them, they are considered disposal. At any rate, this expensive scanner is totally useless.

Obviously, I will never purchase a Visioneer product again.

Interface: USB

Visioneer STROBE-500 Strobe 500 - sheetfed scanner

Visioneer Strobe 500 - Sheetfed scanner - Duplex - Legal - 600 dpi x 600 dpi - ADF ( 20 sheets ) - up to 500 scans per day - USB 2.0
PCM

MacMall
Visioneer Strobe 500 Sheetfed Scanner - 600 dpi Optical

Visioneer Strobe 500 Sheetfed Scanner - 600 dpi Optical

The Strobe 500 has all the features you expect in a powerful desktop scanner such as an 20-page Automatic Document Feeder, 30 images per minute duplex...
Office Depot

Visioneer Strobe 500 Mobile Duplex Color Scanner Plus Docking Station

Dimensions 4.80 x 11.70 x 4.70 Weight 3.90 lbs. Scanning Speed 15 ppm 200dpi, b&w, simplex 30 ipm 200 dpi, b&w, duplex Max. Document Size 8.5 x 14 Med...
Newegg.com

Visioneer STROBE-500-SA Strobe 500 - sheetfed scanner

Visioneer STROBE-500-SA Strobe 500 - sheetfed scanner

Visioneer Strobe 500 - Sheetfed scanner - Duplex - Legal - 600 dpi x 600 dpi - up to 500 scans per day - USB 2.0
PCM

Visioneer STROBE-500-SA Strobe 500 Sheetfed Scanner - (Scanner Only)

Visioneer STROBE-500-SA Strobe 500 Sheetfed Scanner - (Scanner Only)

The Strobe 500 has all the features you expect in a powerful desktop scanner such as a 20-page Automatic Document Feeder 30 images per minute duplex...
MacMall