WHAT'S THE 411 ON THIS PRODUCT?
Recommend this product?
Actually, this unit - the Waring DF200 Deep Fryer replaces my smaller Waring Deep Fryer. That one still works, but I wanted a larger unit after all. I gave it to a friend who also likes to deep fry. I originally wasn't going to get this unit, but I was returning a broken FoodSaver machine because it had stopped working too prematurely.
But since I was allowed to get a merchandise credit off the returned ill-fated FoodSaver unit, I was looking for something in place of it. Not antother FoodSaver machine though!! And upon seeing the Waring DF200 Deep Fryer, I looked it inside and out. I soon JUMPED at the chance and got the unit!! I just could leave the store without it!!
So I brought the unit home, but it wasn't for a few weeks that I used it for the first time. I had unpacked it from the box and just let it sit on the table for a while. Then I decided to make some French fries.
Washed the immersible parts, dried them and set up the unit for its first deep frying job. The deep black enamel-coated pan requires approximately 1 gallon of oil. Preheated the oil to 375 degrees.
The unit had produced perfectly good fries! About a week or so later, I deep-fried some chicken livers in it. Came out great except that i think I had the temperature too high and the oil had darkened slightly. So next time I deep fry chicken livers in it, I'll make sure that it's at a lower temperature to keep the oil from darkening. I also deep-fried some eggplant for Eggplant Parm.
CONSTRUCTION & FEATURES:
1. Stainless steel cabinet.
2. Full 1-gallon oil capacity enamel-coated container.
3. Poweful 1,800-watt immersion-type heating element.
4. Variable temperature control for oil temps of from 175 degrees to 375 degrees or anything in between!
5. Mechanical timer control for timed setting from 0 to 30 minutes.
6. Large capacity stainless steel basket with detachable handle for storage.
7. Cool-touch stay-cool handles on lid, cabinet and basket.
8. All parts except control console are submersible for easy cleaning. Heater can be submersed also for washing, but only to the level of where the oil would go.
9. Indicator light for red (on) and green (recovery). Green light will go off when food is being cooked and will come back on when oil is back up to desired temperature again.
10. Made in China.
11. Full 1-year warranty on entire unit.
12. Instruction manual with recipes.
13. Safety features include a magnetized break-away cord, overload protection for the heating element, safety interlock swith and a reset switch to restore power to the heating element if it ever trips out.
14. Large capacity porcelain-enammeled oil container is removable for easy cleanup. Has level mark for oil.
ANY SHORTCOMINGS AT ALL?
Short power cord. Space-demanding. Recovery time a bit slow, but unit is fine otherwise. Also, the unit needs a whole gallon of oil to be functional.
MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR:
So far, this unit has impressed me very amazingly, despite the 3 shortcomings mentioned above! It IS a considerably large unit and space is needed for it to be used safely and conveniently.
WHAT ABOUT CLEANUP?
Cleanup is a snap! just wash all immersible parts by hand in hot soapy water or in the dishwasher.
This unit is a MUST HAVE for those who want large capacity and quick frying of the most favorite foods! I love that it has a truly large deep frying container and a more powerful heating element! It's truly a monster!
Finding a more permenant spot on the countertop is highly recommended, as it DOES strongly demand a considerable amount of kitchen real estate. For safe use.
A WORD OF CAUTION:
I must recommend that if you desire to get this unit, then you MUST consider usin either peanut oil of the less expensive soy bean oil. Any other type of oil might be dangerous, as it could overheat and become a fire hazzard, whereas peanut oil and soy bean oil have a much higher heat tolerance for deep frying.
Yes! If you want large capacity and truly exceptional deep frying of all your favorite foods, then THIS unit is the one to get! You won't go wrong, and you won't regret it! It's truly one that you'll be glad to own and use!
Thank you for reading this review.
Read more product reviews on Waring DF200 Deep Fryer
Write a Review
Amount Paid (US$): 99.95