Waring Pro HPB 300 Professional 2-Speeds Blender Reviews

Free Shipping Home Depot
Free Shipping Home Depot
Free Shipping Hayneedle

Best Blender I've Ever Owned

Nov 1, 2004 (Updated Dec 21, 2007)

Pros:Powerful, fast, heavy-duty, makes thick creamy smoothies, easy to use, easy to clean.

Cons:Loud, expensive.

The Bottom Line: I recommend this blender for people who, like me, drink a lot of smoothies and are particular about the thickness and smoothness of their shakes.

Update, 12/21/07: I am STILL using this blender every day, and it works just as well as the day I purchased it! The only issue is that, occasionally, a small amount of liquid seeps out the bottom that I have to wipe off from the underside of the container and from the base. However, I'm still extremely happy with this blender.

-------------------

I have been on a search for the perfect blender for a couple of years now. Please see my review of the Waring PBB209 for background. While I still haven't found the "perfect" blender, the Waring Pro MegaMix HP300 is about as close as I think I'm going to get, and it suits me just fine.

The Waring Pro MegaMix HPB300 is not as attractive as the PBB209--for one, the container is made of plastic rather than green molded glass. However, it is very heavy-duty, with a metal base that weighs 11 pounds! I put all my shake ingredients into it at one time--liquids first, then powders, then frozen fruit, then about 1 and 1/2 cups of ice--turn the toggle switch on "lo" (as on the PBB209, there are only two settings--"lo" and "hi"), wait perhaps one minute, and voila! Perfectly blended, thick smoothie shake!

Why the Waring Pro MegaMix HPB300 is not perfect--it is so loud, even on the "lo" setting it sounds like an airplane coming in for a landing. And the lid, which is more flexible than the one that comes with the PBB209, still does not easily fit on the mouth of the container--you have to push and wedge it in. And, it, too, emits an unpleasant, burning-type smell after several seconds of blending. However, the HBP300 is the very first blender I've ever owned that makes smooth, thick shakes just the way I like 'em, with so very little effort. Just throw in the ingredients, hit the switch, wait 40 seconds to one minute, and done!

In addition, the HBP300 is as easy to clean as the PBB209--the container does not come apart; rather, you clean it immediately after use by sponging off the bigger debris, then by adding one cup of cool water and a few drops of dishwashing detergent to the container and "blending" it at high speed for a minute or two. Then, dump out the soapy water, rinse the container, and air dry.

In sum: for me the Waring PBB209, though stylish, was not powerful enough to create a smoothie as thick as I like. The Waring Pro MegaMix HPB300, at a cost of over $100 more (I paid $249 from Amazon.com), although not as attractive, makes thick smoothies with minimal effort. For me, it was worth it to spend the extra money on the more heavy-duty blender.

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Built for professional bars, commercial kitchens and smoothie shops, the MegaMix commercial blender by Waring i...
Home Depot
Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. The Waring Pro Megamix 2-Speed Blender features a 48 oz. polycarbonate container so you can make delicious drin...
Home Depot

Shop for Blenders from Hayneedle.com! Take your kitchen to another level with the Waring Pro HPB300 MegaMix Professional Specialty Blender. Called meg...
Hayneedle