Weber-Stephen Products Q 220 Propane Grill Reviews

Weber-Stephen Products Q 220 Propane Grill

+$79.00 shipping Lowe's

Q220 is predominantly great, but mine had a few problems

Aug 21, 2007

Pros:Q220: built-in thermometer, cast-iron grate, big enough for a spatchcocked chicken, simple set-up

Cons:failed regulator replacement took a LONG time to arrive, paint scrapes off easily

The Bottom Line: Easy to use, easy to set-up, and it's cute. Just beware the regulators, and shipping time.

I am happy with my Weber Q220, despite a few issues. It took longer to arrive than Amazon promised, but it was the beginning of summer so I'm not surprised. There was very little assembly, it was set up in no time! I bought a few of the special (costly) blue propane tanks at a hardware store (since you can't use the Coleman-type tanks that are available everywhere). I also purchased the hose adaptor for the 20# tanks. But for our first night, we decided to use the little tank first. The first two meals (chicken breasts, boneless thighs) went great, but the third time, nothing. I tried a new tank, then tried the 20# tank that I'd had filled by then...still nothing. I called Weber, and the rep said it might be my regulator. I asked if it were common that a regulator would work fine then suddenly stop, but he said no. He said I'd receive a new one in 7-10 days, but it took 13. The morning of the 13th day I called Weber again, and found out it wasn't mailed out until that Friday (I'd called on a Wednesday). I was displeased! But, the regulator arrived that afternoon, and after I called customer service again for help with installation (no paperwork was included in the box)it worked like a dream! The built-in thermometer is wonderful, and the size is more than adequate for two people. I specifically wanted a grill that was wide enough to grill a spatchcocked (flattened) chicken, so I spatchcocked one & measured it, before I even went shopping. The heavy cast-iron grate sears meat beautifully; grilled vegetables are exceptional. And grilled fresh corn (leaves left on, corn silk removed, soaked, and re-wrapped before grilling) is fabulous. I have found the grate a little difficult to clean as well as I like, whether using a grill brush/scraper at high heat, or trying to get the gunk off in the sink. But if I hadn't had the problem with the failed regulator and extended shipping time, I'd rave about this little grill.

WEBER Q300 SILVER GAS GRILL *393 sq. in. of cooking area with 2 piece porcelain- enameled cast iron cooking grate *21700 BTU *Includes Q stationary ca...
Portable gas grill includes a stationary cart with tank screen to keep the propane tank discreetly out of view. Includes a hose and regulator for conn...
Lowe's

BRAND NEW - NOT REFURBISHED - FACTORY SEALED PROPANE GAS GRILL WITH STATIONARY CART WEBER Q300 (426001) INCLUDES FULL MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY ! Weber Q...