Western Digital Caviar SE 250 GB,Internal,7200 RPM,3.5" (WD2500JBRTL) Hard Drive Reviews

Blast their way through math! (part 2)

May 6, 2004 (Updated May 6, 2004)

Pros:makes kids excited about math

Cons:only works well on windows 95 and 98 in this version.

The Bottom Line: would highly recommend it if you have a windows 95 or 98 computer, otherwise look for newer versions of learning games.

This is the second cdrom in the multi set pack that I purchased by accident. I was under the impression that it was from the reader rabbit line from Broderbund. I did not read the auction very well.

The 4 learning game pack I received was from the Knowledge Adventure Company, who as far as I can see has nothing to do with Reader Rabbit, but looking at previous reviews on this product, I can see I am not the only person to make such a mistake.

These games are no longer available new in the stores, but they seem to be readily available in the discount and resale market.

Because I could not find a new version of this game, I also could not find a version that would work smoothly on my new computers with windows XP and NT. The games tend to freeze without warning causing allot of whining from the children. My sons solution was to take two older computers with windows 95 on them, an piece together one good computer, on which the game runs smoothly as it is meant for a computer of that speed. I guess we go the extra perk of my son building the computer out of necessity. So what I am saying here is if you have windows 95 or 98 the game will not freeze as it does with window NT and XP. It is still usable, but annoying.

My son is recently finished age 9-12 and has moved on to pre-algebra. Just like the age 6-9 version it also teaches and drills multiplication, division, fractions and percentages but at a more difficult level and includes solving equations. The object of is to strike a deal with a chip on a planet where they have crash landed using math and reasoning skills. I was unable to determine how well my child had mastered math using this game with the exception that he completed it 3 times within 1 week’s time. So I let him move on to the pre-algebra game. I will let you know about that one when he has completed It.

"Key Features

Service / Support Product info support
System Requirements
Operating System 1628, Microsoft Windows 95
More Information
Math Blaster has been the world's best-selling math program for over ten years because it skillfully combines learning and fun. And now the tradition continues. This program teaches problem-solving and mental math skills in the context of an exciting adventure game your children are guaranteed to love! " ( from the manufacturer)

This is a pop in and play computer learning game.

Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA

Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA

Average Seek Time 8.9ms Average Latency 4.2ms Features Cool - Cool operation results in the highest reliability, even in intensely hot environments su...
Newegg.com

Western Digital Sata 300 Hard Drive Wd Caviar Se16 7200rpm Wd2500ksrtl 250 Gb

Western Digital Sata 300 Hard Drive Wd Caviar Se16 7200rpm Wd2500ksrtl 250 Gb

rambrose57 Western Digital SATA 300 Hard Drive Description: Sealed in box. Part of outer plastic ripped.Model WD2500KSRTL WD Caviar SE16 250 GB / 7200...

PARTS ARCADE

CAVIAR SE 80GB HDD - Part Number WD800JD-58MSA1-3

Buy at Newegg.com Western Digital Caviar SE WD800AAJB 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 / ATA-6 3.5 Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive
Newegg.com

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS SATA Hard Drive

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS SATA Hard Drive

3YR Seagate Momentus ST9250315AS 250GB 5.4K SATA Hard Drive - Brand New
DiscTech.com

Factory Sealed Western Digital Wd2000js 200gb 7200 Rpm Sata 3.5 Hard Drive

Factory Sealed Western Digital Wd2000js 200gb 7200 Rpm Sata 3.5 Hard Drive

The Western Digital Caviar SE is an impressive storage solution for today’s demanding application needs. For high performance and larger space, this...
4 Western Digital Wd2000 Wd2000js Caviar 200gb Maxtor 6v200e0 Hard Drives 18231

4 Western Digital Wd2000 Wd2000js Caviar 200gb Maxtor 6v200e0 Hard Drives 18231

ebay template HOME SPECIAL ARTISTS VINTAGE NEWSLETTER CONTACT US STORE CATEGORIES SPECIAL ARTISTS RACK GEAR GUITAR BASS INSTRUMENT ACCESSORIES PARTS M...

WESTERN DIGITAL WD1600JS 160gb-7200rpm Sata-ii Hard Drives

WESTERN DIGITAL WD1600JS 160gb-7200rpm Sata-ii Hard Drives

WESTERN DIGITAL - CAVIAR SE 160GB 7200RPM SATA-II 7PIN HARD DISK DRIVE. 8MB BUFFER 3.5 INCH LOW PROFILE (1.0 INCH) (WD1600JS). . IN STOCK.
Server Supply