Western Digital Caviar SE 250 GB,Internal,7200 RPM,3.5" (WD2500JBRTL) Hard Drive Reviews

Blast their way through math! (part 2)

May 6, 2004 (Updated May 6, 2004)

Pros:makes kids excited about math

Cons:only works well on windows 95 and 98 in this version.

The Bottom Line: would highly recommend it if you have a windows 95 or 98 computer, otherwise look for newer versions of learning games.

This is the second cdrom in the multi set pack that I purchased by accident. I was under the impression that it was from the reader rabbit line from Broderbund. I did not read the auction very well.

The 4 learning game pack I received was from the Knowledge Adventure Company, who as far as I can see has nothing to do with Reader Rabbit, but looking at previous reviews on this product, I can see I am not the only person to make such a mistake.

These games are no longer available new in the stores, but they seem to be readily available in the discount and resale market.

Because I could not find a new version of this game, I also could not find a version that would work smoothly on my new computers with windows XP and NT. The games tend to freeze without warning causing allot of whining from the children. My sons solution was to take two older computers with windows 95 on them, an piece together one good computer, on which the game runs smoothly as it is meant for a computer of that speed. I guess we go the extra perk of my son building the computer out of necessity. So what I am saying here is if you have windows 95 or 98 the game will not freeze as it does with window NT and XP. It is still usable, but annoying.

My son is recently finished age 9-12 and has moved on to pre-algebra. Just like the age 6-9 version it also teaches and drills multiplication, division, fractions and percentages but at a more difficult level and includes solving equations. The object of is to strike a deal with a chip on a planet where they have crash landed using math and reasoning skills. I was unable to determine how well my child had mastered math using this game with the exception that he completed it 3 times within 1 week’s time. So I let him move on to the pre-algebra game. I will let you know about that one when he has completed It.

"Key Features

Service / Support Product info support
System Requirements
Operating System 1628, Microsoft Windows 95
More Information
Math Blaster has been the world's best-selling math program for over ten years because it skillfully combines learning and fun. And now the tradition continues. This program teaches problem-solving and mental math skills in the context of an exciting adventure game your children are guaranteed to love! " ( from the manufacturer)

This is a pop in and play computer learning game.

brand enum western digital ebay title western digital caviar se 250 gb internal 7200 rpm 3.5 wd 2500 jbrtl hard drive hard drive type hdd hard disk dr...