Western Digital Caviar SE 250 GB,Internal,7200 RPM,3.5" (WD2500JBRTL) Hard Drive Reviews

Western digital has come through for me

Jan 18, 2002

Pros:Speed, size, ease of installation

Cons:Price, maybe, if you don't get a rebate

The Bottom Line: Excellent, amazingly fast drive, even for $200, but an absolute NO brainer at $125 w/rebate.

This was a secondary drive install in my DELL XPSB733r. My DELL came with a measly 20Gig drive, so needless to say, I was running out of space. I'm an avid MP3 downloader, and needed some serious expansion to put everything. I got very lucky by finding an Outpost.com $75 rebate on this drive with a price of $200 normally.($200-75$=$125 Net). I've had the drive installed for about a month now. It has performed flawlessly and the speed is much faster than the original drive my computer came installed with. I purchased a Promise IDE controller for connecting this drive. After reinstalling my games to the new drive, I've noticed a considerable increase in load times. (And yes, it is so noticeable a decrease in load time, that it's shockingly obvious, no BS). Well, there's really not too much you can say about a hard drive. It's not one of those glamourous upgrades like a new vid card or upgraded proc, but it felt pretty nice to me to have quintupled my storage space for only $125!!!!! If you can find a similar deal anywhere, (the Outpost.com deal is expired), I highly recommend the drive. Western digital has been extremely reliable for me. Have a good one. United We Stand.

brand enum western digital ebay title western digital caviar se 250 gb internal 7200 rpm 3.5 wd 2500 jbrtl hard drive hard drive type hdd hard disk dr...