Western Digital Caviar SE 250 GB,Internal,7200 RPM,3.5" (WD2500JBRTL) Hard Drive Reviews

Excellent Hard Drive

Aug 16, 2002

Pros:Big Fast Reliable

Cons:None Yet Except for Windows ME limitations

The Bottom Line: I paid only $145.00 CDN about $90.00 USD for this Drive which is big fast and reliable. Need I say more

My old 20Gb hard drive was getting old so I needed a new one. I have owned a few brands before but like the Western Digital brand, as I've never had any problems with them.

This hard Drive Features.

Average Seek Time 8.9ms
Data Buffer 2MB
Interface EIDE
Rotations Per Minute (RPM) 7200rpm
Storage Capacity 80GB
Ultra ATA/100

I used the Software provided (Data Lifeguard Tools) to setup the partitions as Windows ME has problems recognizing over 64Gb Hard Drives. The Software was simple to use and worked fine it also transferred everything from my old 20 Gb Hard Drive to this one.

One of the first things I noticed was how much faster this one was than my last one, the 7200 rpm really makes a difference from my old 5400 rpm.

brand enum western digital ebay title western digital caviar se 250 gb internal 7200 rpm 3.5 wd 2500 jbrtl hard drive hard drive type hdd hard disk dr...