Whirlpool RF364 Electric Range

Whirlpool Smooth Top Range, A Nice Appliance For Any Kitchen.

Jun 15, 2006

Pros:Stovetop heats up very fast and is very easy to clean, oven heats food evenly

Cons:Could have made one burner a little larger to accommodate a very large pan

The Bottom Line: This Whirlpool range really looks good in my kitchen and definitely gets the job done. Very easy to clean as well.

In my house I had an older smooth top range that was at least 20 years old and in need of major repair. So I figured that rather than spending a couple of hundred bucks to get it fixed, I went to a few local stores to see if I could find myself a new electric range at a good price. After looking around for awhile, I decided on the Whirlpool Electric Kitchen Range, model RF364, because it seemed to have the features that I was looking for. I picked it up for $420.

This model range from Whirlpool is available in white, black, bisque, as well as a white/black model. I chose the black and white model, which has a black oven door, control panel, and smooth top cooking surface. The parts that are white are the sides as well as the storage drawer below the oven. The previous range that I owned had a white cooking surface, when it was dirty, it was really noticeable. I figured that the black cooking surface wouldn't show the dirt as easily, and I was right.

This Whirlpool RF364 Electric Range is about 30" wide, 27" deep, as well as 47" high at the control panel. The cooking surface is a very comfortable 36" off the ground, which I think is standard for most ranges. The oven is sized at 4.65 cubic ft, which gives you plenty a room to bake just about anything. To give you a better idea of the oven size, it measures 17.5" high, 24" wide, and 19" deep.

The smooth top cooking surface features four radiant elements, or burners. Two of them are 6" round, and the other two are 8" round. The burners heat up very fast as you can see them glowing cherry red in just seconds. They seem to provide a good constant temperature and have the ability to get things hot really fast. The only thing I didn't like about the burners is that I wish they would have included one that was a little bit larger than 8 inches round for when you are cooking with a larger sized skillet. They do work quite well though nonetheless. It is recommended that you use flat bottomed cookware for best results, although you can also use pots and pans that have slightly indented bottoms or expansion channels. The smooth top cooking surface of this Whirlpool electric range cleans up very easily. Most of the time I have been able to clean it (after it cools down of course) with just a damp dish rag. Other times though after some serious spills, it is recommended that you use a cook top polishing creme with a very light abrasive. A bottle of cleaner was supplied when I purchased this range, and you can easily find a good cleaner for this type of cook top anywhere that you find cleaning supplies. Make sure not to use a cleaner that is to abrasive as you may scratch the cooking surface.

The large sized oven has a large heating elements on both the top and bottom. This Whirlpool electric range comes with two racks for your oven as well as a broiling rack. The racks can be arranged on any of the 5 different rack slots within the oven. I've used my oven for cooking all different types of food. For me it has worked great on roasts, frozen pizzas, and other foods that I've used it for, even with my limited cooking ability. Most of the time I cook in my oven using a rack placed in the center and have found that my food was cooked evenly, without being overcooked on the top and undercooked on the bottom. I have even used the broiling feature a couple of times and have found that to work very good as well. The oven also has a self-cleaning feature that has a preset run time of 3 1/2 hours. Before using this self-cleaning cycle, make sure you have everything out of the oven, as well as clean out anything that may be laying on the bottom as best you can. During this self-cleaning cycle the door of the oven will lock until the cycle has completed its course. This is to protect you from the extremely high heat during the cleaning cycle. The door of the oven features a large 17 x 7 inch window so that you can check your food, without opening the door and letting all the heat escape. There is also a switch on the control panel that will flip on a light inside the oven for better viewing.

Other features on this range include:
A hot surface indicator light that lights up to let you know that the cooking surface is still hot.
Digital clock and timer
Large storage drawer beneath the oven
Touchpad type control panel for controlling oven temperature, clock, broiling, and self oven cleaning cycle
Dial type control knobs for burners
Anti-tip bracket
A control lock that lacks the control panel pad to prevent unintended use (might be nice if you have a little ones around)
The ability to change from Fahrenheit to Celsius, if so desired
Delayed timed cook mode which enables you to put something in the oven to start cooking at a later time

So far I have had this Whirlpool electric range for almost 2 years now and have had no problems whatsoever. I'm very happy with my purchase.

One final thing I would like to add is that even though many kitchen ranges are a standard size, some are also a little bit different. If you are trying to fit a new range into a specific space in your kitchen, be sure to check the measurements.

hddan

Other kitchen related reviews:
Cuisinart Waffle Maker
Sharp Microwave Oven
Rival Crock Pot - Slow Cooker
Hamilton Beach Indoor Grill

Whirlpool Range Cooktop Receptacle Replacement Electric Range Terminal Block Receptacle 330031

Whirlpool Stove Drip Pan Kit, Chrome Burner Bowls Top Electric Range Replacement

chayawatbuaban Store Whirlpool W10278125 Drip Pan Kit Chrome Item Condition Brand new factory sealed Product Features Color: Chrome Easy to install Du...

Whirlpool Range. 4.8 cu. ft. Electric Range with Self-Cleaning Oven in White WFC310S0AW

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Create delicious family meals with the help of this 4.8 cu. ft. capacity electric range. The AccuBake temperatu...
Home Depot

Whirlpool White Freestanding Electric Range - WFE540H0AH

Whirlpool White Freestanding Electric Range - WFE540H0AH

6.2 Cu. Ft. Capacity/ AccuBake Temperature Management System/ TimeSavor Convection Cooking System/ AquaLift Self-Clean Technology/ EasyView Extra-Larg...
Abt Electronics

Replacement for Whirlpool Electric Range Cooktop Knob Set 814362

Replacement for Whirlpool Electric Range Cooktop Knob Set 814362

This is a range knob set that contains everything you need to replace damaged or missing knobs in your Whirlpool range or cooktop. The set contains 4 ...
Whirlpool WFE540H0AH 6.2 cu. ft. Capacity Electric Range in White Ice with AquaLift SelfClean Technology WFE540H0AH

Create delicious family meals with the help of the industry's largest capacity range available2 at 6.2 cu. ft. Whirlpool most energyefficient selfclea...
HomeClick

- 4879 Electric Range Bake Lower Heating Element Unit For Whirlpool

- 4879 Electric Range Bake Lower Heating Element Unit For Whirlpool

NEW - Whirlpool/Kelvinator OVEN ELEMENT replacement - TP4879 Whirlpool/Kelvinator Replacement OVEN Element BRAND NEW Please contact our customer servi...

Whirlpool Range. 6.2 cu. ft. Electric Range with Self-Cleaning Convection Oven in White Ice WFE540H0AH

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Create delicious family meals with the help of this Whirlpool 6.2 cu. ft. capacity electric range. The energy-e...
Home Depot

Whirlpool Electric Range Oven Surface Burner Replacement Ceramic Terminal Block ER12001676

9758541 Electric Range Bake Lower Unit Element For Whirlpool W10308477

9758541 Electric Range Bake Lower Unit Element For Whirlpool W10308477

9758541 Electric Range Bake Lower Unit Element for Whirlpool W10308477 Part Number W10308477 (AP4564098) replaces 9758541, 1719751, AH2580782, EA25807...