Sirius XM Radio Xact XTR1 For Sirius Car & Home Satellite Radio Receiver Reviews

Sirius XM Radio Xact XTR1 For Sirius Car & Home Satellite Radio Receiver

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

Has been a very sturdy unit for me

Jan 21, 2007

Pros:large readout, sturdy

Cons:only 10 s-seek slots

The Bottom Line: I love this very sturdy little unit with good reception and a large screen.

Maybe I've been extremely lucky, but I've had my XTR1 since May 2005, have used it every day, and I've never had a problem with the unit.

It's true that the unit gets extraordinarily hot, and having lived in Florida for awhile, between the heat in the Summers and my absentmindedness in failing to turn it off, the unit has certainly been put through it's paces. I'd leave my car, return and find that the radio (which had been left on under the sunlight) was blazing hot and the LED screen was illegible because of the heat. However, the unit never malfunctioned as far as actual reception, changing channels, etc., and the LED readout would return to normal after the AC cooled the air down in the car a bit.

I love the large readout allowing you to see more channels than most receivers out today. The small s-seek memory (10 songs) is a bit of a letdown but not a huge negative to me.

Suffice to say, I found this site while looking to replace the cigarette lighter adapter on my XTR1 which was broken by my child. I'd much rather replace that adapter and keep this little gem of a unit than spend an equivalent amount on a "visor-type" receiver that isn't nearly as user-friendly.

This is a brand new repackaged item. This item is for use with Stream Jockey Satellite Radio Receiver (Sold Seperately) This item includes: Stream joc...

NEW Xact Portable Boom Box for Stream Jockey Receiver - XS024 Compatible with STREAM Jockey Satellite Radio Receiver (XTR1 Sold Separately)Receiver Ej...
The XACT Sirius radio receiver gives you all that you want - foot-tapping music, non-stop entertainment and no commercials, especially when you move. ...