Yamaha NS-555 Main / Stereo Speakers Reviews

Apr 3, 2008

• Flatness:
  • Imaging:
  • Overall Sound:

Pros:Excellent speaker for the money, extremely good looks, not noticeable with the grill on

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: Don't pass them up if you have the cash and room for them, you won't be disappointed

These speakers are spectacular excellent imaging there are no "spots" where the cabinet vibrates and makes unwanted noise. Parts of music that you don't normally hear without headphones come alive to almost surprise you. The amount of bass coming out of these things is quite amazing, vibrating unfastened objects within proximity with ease. i like the fact that you can close your eyes and feel entrapped in the music, there is no "squished" sounds either everything feels well drawn out and separated to they're respective driver. I currently use these speakers in conjunction with my pioneer vsx 816, I have them bi wired as well and they sound even more excellent. They can bring life to almost any music unless of course the music is of very low bit rate. For movies these speakers are even more amazing, dialogue is easy to hear and natural sounding and explosions are intense and room shaking even without a sub woofer. The bass is not overwhelming for these speakers, nor is it muddy or too boomy it measures out well with the mids and the highs. They have never distorted on me even at extremely high listening levels @ < 110 watts and they can handle 250 watts peak. They are surprisingly well built and packaged. I’ve heard a $5000 system comprised of paradigms paired with McIntosh amps and beside the ability to be louder than my system there was not much difference. Overall even if these speakers someday give out on me, which I doubt and hope not, I would definitely buy them again.

Yamaha NS555 NS 555 NS 555 Dual 61/2 61 / 2 6 1 / 2 3way 3 way 3 way 250 Watt Floor Standing Speaker System, Magnetic Shielding, New Grill Design Ya...
Adorama