Pros: The ability to program in three personal cycles.
Cons: Does not brown top of loaf and bottom is HARD AS CEMENT.
The folks at Zojirushi must have the worst quality control department. Before purchasing this machine I did research for several weeks and about 75% of the reviews I read and received directly were great. The other 25% ran the gamut from "so-so" to "horrible".
I decided to buy the machine anyway. I am sorry I did. It cooks lopsided loaves and burns the bottom but leaves the top undercooked. I tried each and every remedy given to me by the folks at the Zo customer service and the remedies I found online. The machine continually made rock hard crust on the bottom of the bread and the top of the bread was just barely cooked. The Zo rep with whom I spoke last, told me that the Zo does not brown the top of bread as well as other machines. The repair man told me that the quality control is poor and I should send the machine back and get another. He said that he has several customers who have gone through 2-3 machines before they got one that worked properly. He said the machine is not supposed to create hard dark crust on the bottom and barely cook crust on top. He asked me if I tried dark crust and I said yes but with same results. No matter what setting I used it was hard as cement on bottom and barely cooked on top. ((This guy does all of the Zo repairs in my city -and- is the man to whom Zo corporate told me to go see)) I am REALLY glad I purchased the machine at QVC because they have a no questions asked return policy.
I was REALLY REALLY disappointed in this machine. For the money I expected more.