-41%

Precious Moments Disney Belle Musical Figurine - 893502

+$4.99 shipping Wayfair

Precious Belle

Apr 23, 2012

Pros:Cute representation of a popular Disney princess.

Cons:Not intended for children.

The Bottom Line: This is a delicate musical figurine that features a popular Disney princess.  This is not a toy and will break easily.

Precious Moments creates wonderful figurines that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.  I have a number of their figurines that I like to keep displayed.  My daughter enjoys them as well although we do limit her exposure to them since they are breakable.  One of my favorite figurines is Precious Moments Disney Belle.  This figurine is based on the popular princess from the Disney film, Beauty and the Beauty.  Rather than appearing as she does in the film, the character has been done to resemble the "Precious Moments" representations.  I purchased this figurine at a Hallmark location for $30.  I have seen her available at most Hallmark locations that I have visited.

This figurine is approximately six inches tall and is made out of porcelain.  The diameter of the base is approximately 4 inches long.  The base of the figurine has been given a glossy appearance with a clear coating.  A representation of Belle in her yellow evening gown is the central item in this piece.  She is standing and holding a single pink rose.  Her hair is pulled back with a matching band.  The hair is also made out of porcelain and was included in the original mold.  Rather than the facial pattern Disney created, this character has the big round eyes, small found nose and a single curved line for a smile.  Although she looks like the popular Disney princess, she is quite clearly a Precious Moments doll.  She is standing on top of a white base and cannot be removed.  The bottom of the base is colored in a pale yellow with gold curved lines to break up the single coloring.  The center of the base includes a small white sign that says "Once Upon A Time" and small pink gems that sit above it.

The bottom of the figurine has three pegs that allow it to sit on a flat surface with some stability.  When you turn the figurine over, the music mechanism can be located.  When turned, the figurine responds by playing an instrumental version of the main song featured in the film.  The song is "Beauty and The Beast."  Rather than playing the full song, the chorus is repeated over and over as long as the winding mechanism is moving.  When fully wound, the figurine will play for a few minutes.  The song is played with a standard music box sound.

This piece is highly breakable and would not survive a fall, especially onto a hard surface.  This is a wonderful item to display if you enjoy Disney and the Precious Moment dolls.  In addition, this would be a wonderful gift.  As it is breakable, this figurine is not recommended for children and infants.  I would absolutely agree with this.  It is likely this particular figurine would appeal to females.  This particular style of Precious Moments is available in Cinderella and Snow White.  I do find that Cinderella is more easily found as compared to Snow White.  This item would best be displayed on a shelf away from animals and small children.  It is small and will not require much room to be displayed.

The figurine is easy to keep clean and will wipe it down with a damp towel every few weeks.  I have had this figurine for many months and have not seen any fading of the paint.

Type of Toy: Other
Age Range of Child: 9 Years or Older

Precious Moments 893502 Not since Belle has there been anything so beautiful! This lovely musical will sweep your imagination to a wonderful place, j...
Wayfair