-22%
Presto 06006 Rice Cooker Reviews

Presto 06006 Rice Cooker

+$8.92 shipping Essential Hardware

Better than store bought food!

May 27, 2008

Pros:replaces several appliances with EASE and costs less than one appliance!

Cons:basket sags into grease while "draining" although not TO much.

The Bottom Line: I would say that for the price paid it goes BEYOND what I expected.

I have wanted to get a deep fryer so that my incredibly picky son will eat homemade chicken nuggets. Thus I didn't want to spend a fortune on an appliance that i wasn't sure would even provide what I wanted. After seeing a friend mention their deep fryer for twenty bucks and researching other more costly appliances I decided to just buy the cheap version first.

I've made several batches of nuggets and they turned out incredibly well. You DO need to wait for the oil to reheat (about 3 minutes) so that it really fries the food. As for portions: it can hold about 6-7 chicken TENDERS when filled with oil. It takes about 1/2 gallon to fill it to the "fill" line (about 1/2 the actual height) and needs extra after every 2 batches to keep full. There is also NO spatter at all even on the hottest setting.

I am impressed at the versatility that a $25 appliance can do! Although a removable heater ring would greatly increase the quickness of heating. Also it needs down time between batches of 3 or more to keep the grease hot. Other than small "cons" of a cheaper version of a $200 fryer the Presto fryer can really do the job of deep frying PLUS the option of replaceing my slow cooker, steam veggies, and make casseroles I am throughly impressed.

This kitchen kettle roasts, braises, blanches, boils, deep fries, stews, simmers, steams, makes soups and casserolesAccurate cooking temperature maint...
Essential Hardware
This handy multi-cooker steams, stews, roasts, boils, deep fries, and more. Premium nonstick finish, inside and out, for stick-free cooking and easy c...
5+ Qt Kitchen Kettle