Purina Alpo Hidden Goodness Homestyle With Beef

PET : Hidden Goodness Homestyle With Beef

Apr 28, 2012 (Updated Apr 28, 2012)

Pros:Only 2 PAWS UP each FROM GUYE THE DOG AND BLACK GIRL

Cons:Not a reflection of the product; dogs are aging, nothing today is completely alluring.

The Bottom Line: As I open the can of Hidden Goodness Homestyle, With Beef dinner I find a coffee hued hash type product.

Nestle Purina™ Alpo Hidden Goodness Homestyle, With Beef, Moist & Mixable With a Touch of Tender Veggies is another of the various offerings from this pet food supplier that Guye the Dog and Black Girl will eat perhaps once a week or once every ten days or so.  If presented too often both dogs walk away, however now and then and Black Girl’s bowl is cleaned in a flash.  Guye will nibble and then snoop around to see if just maybe I have something else hidden away and really meant to serve it.

I find a 5.5 ounce can will serve for a meal with a scant 1/3 can for Guye and 2/3 for Black Girl.  I do serve kibble, a chunk of cheese, and perhaps a tamale if Husband and I have eaten at the local Senor Salsa.

As the misplaced, neglected, left behind, and especially in the case of Black Girl, the dog who came to supper crowd ages they all seem to lose some of their sense of smell with sense of taste and hunger seeming to diminish as well.  It becomes more and more thorny and problematic to keep elderly little feline ladies and one at least 7 year old dachsie and an elderly Lab girl, fed and satisfied.  Black Girl began coming to dinner soon after we moved to the rock house some 16 years ago.  Today she rarely wanders down the hill and simply sleeps, eats and spends her days and nights with us.

Foods offered today for our aging population must be undeniably alluring if they are to provoke ample interest to persuade the over the hill gang to at least give the offering a taste. Locating foods to meet the specific conditions of reduced proficient aging digestive systems and tempting enough to persuade the elderly ones to eat some is an ongoing predicament.

As I open the can of Hidden Goodness Homestyle, With Beef dinner I find a coffee hued hash type product. My sense of smell has been poor for many years, however, Guye the dog trots right to the kitchen door and waits expectantly; I expect the scent is attractive to the critters. The hash appears to be a good combination of ground meaty bits and vegetables.  I like that I can stir in dry kibble and present what appears to be a tasty, good nutritioous food Guye The Dog and Black Girl continue to eat.

Prepared to conform to nutritional levels determined to be indispensable for excellent canine health, Nestle Purina™ Alpo Hidden Goodness Homestyle, With Beef, Moist & Mixable With a Touch of Tender Veggies is formulated to supply the dietary needs required for most advantageous growth of puppies as well as for the for the continuing good health of adult canines.

As elderly age persists to take a toll I’m not at all pleased to observe ; the growing signs of age remind us that pets bring a lot of enjoyment and love, and not only require care but convey as well an awareness that bereavement and birth are all part of the life continuum.

The little feline goddesses and sweet Black Girl have been part of our family for nearly two decades.  Guye we found left behind at a truck stop nearly 8 years ago. As Husband and I also age, slow down and find ourselves becoming less interested in food,  more choosy regarding diet and not able to taste or smell much of the foods as we once did; we see those same factors appearing in each of the forever home felines and dogs who let us live in their rock house.

-------------------------------------------------

Major INGREDIENTS: Water sufficient for processing, chicken, meat by-products, wheat gluten, beef, soy flour, corn starch-modified, potatoes, carrots, added color, salt, potassium chloride, peas, along with added vitamins and minerals
 From the Purina site :  Purina Alpo Prime Cuts In Gravy Homestyle Stew With Beef & Vegetables Manufactured by: Nestlé Purina PetCare Company, St. Louis, MO 63164 USA is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.

MORE Purina  PET FOOD REVIEWS
PURINA BEGGIN STRIPS

===============
PURINA WHITE FISH AND TUNA

PURINA Alpo Homestyle Beefy Stew

===========================

NOTE:  I find Purina Alpo products available online from various  sites as well as on the shelves of a great many walk in stores.  Price varies by when and where product is purchased.

================
Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly   martin
===========================

For more information please click the SEE IT BUTTON and Vendor links.

---------------------
NOTE :  The following is information regarding Nestlé Purina PetCare Company corporation.

If you, as I, have an interest in company information, in particular history of company, products produced and where, safety standards followed, particularly as pertains to beloved pets, as is available where products are offered for sale, and the like.
Please Read.

Should you not have such interest, Please skip.
---------------------
Internet search including the Nestlé Purina PetCare Company website indicates:  The company begun in 1893, known as Purina Ralston for decades, has grown, prospered and continues to produced industry leading foods for human, pet, and farm animal consumption.

At Nestlé Purina PetCare Company making pets' lives better motivating factor. The pace of change in pet care continues to speed up, making the challenge to lead with new, ground-breaking methods for making the lives of dogs and cats better even greater.

December 2001, Ralston Purina Company was acquired by NestléS.A.
Ralston Purina was then merged with a subsidiary of Nestlé. The resulting company, Nestlé Purina PetCare Company, is not a publicly traded
company.

Nestlé Purina is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nestlé Holdings, Inc., which is owned by NestléS.A., Avenue Nestlé 55, 1800Vevey,Switzerland.

Nestlé Purina PetCare Company
Checkerboard Square
St. Louis,Missouri63164

Alpo - Homestyle Hidden Goodness with Beef Canned Dog Food, Dog

Alpo - Homestyle Hidden Goodness with Beef Canned Dog Food, Dog

Savory, meaty goodness with delicious veggie accents
PetFlow

Purina Alpo Prime Cuts in Gravy Wet Dog Food Variety Pack (24 pk.)

Purina Alpo Prime Cuts in Gravy Wet Dog Food Variety Pack (24 pk.)

You ll love that every can of ALPO is 100% complete and balanced for all life stages. With high-quality protein sources and essential vitamins and min...
Purina ALPO Variety Snaps 32oz

Purina ALPO Variety Snaps 32oz

Deliciously flavored, little treats that will make your dog feel special. Feel good about rewarding your dog with treats made from high-quality, whole...

Purina ALPO Variety Snaps 16oz

Purina ALPO Variety Snaps 16oz

ValuePetSupplies.com

Purina Alpo Prime Cuts in Gravy Wet Dog Food Variety Pack - 24 pk.

Purina Alpo Prime Cuts in Gravy Wet Dog Food Variety Pack - 24 pk.

Purina Alpo Prime Cuts in Gravy Wet Dog Food Variety Pack - 24 pack, each can 13.2 oz.
Purina ALPO Variety Snaps 12lb (12 x 16oz)

Purina ALPO Variety Snaps 12lb (12 x 16oz)

ValuePetSupplies.com

Alpo - Prime Slices Homestyle Variety Pack Beef and Chicken Flavors Canned Dog Food - Must

Prime Slices Variety Pack Canned Dog Food Case Alpo Prime Slices Variety Pack has delicious chunks of real meat in a hearty gravy. They are a
PetFlow

Purina ALPO Variety Snaps 24lb (24 x 16oz)

Purina ALPO Variety Snaps 24lb (24 x 16oz)

PURINA ALPO PREMIUM SLICE DOG FOOD -Mfg# 11132896324 - Sold As 24 Units

PURINA ALPO PREMIUM SLICE DOG FOOD -Mfg# 11132896324 - Sold As 24 Units

13.2 oz. can. chicken slices in gravy. Use as a topping or as meal .
Purina ALPO Variety Snaps Big Bites 24lb (24 x 16oz)

Purina ALPO Variety Snaps Big Bites 24lb (24 x 16oz)

Scrumptious, flavored treats that will make your dog feel special. Feel good about rewarding your dog with treats made from high-quality, wholesome in...

Page 1 2 3 4 5    Next >>