Purina Tidy Cats Litter - Tidy Cats Scoop Instant Action Immediate Odor Control for Multiple Cats (43207751) Reviews

Tidy Cats, that is NOT tidy!

Jan 11, 2014

Pros:Minimal litter dust, pleasant smell and convenient carry container

Cons:Does not clump. Did I mention it does not clump?

The Bottom Line: I'd rather take sandy litter in a box or bag, over non-clumping litter in a pretty carry bottle. Sorry, Tidy Cats.

My husband and I decided to give Tidy Cats a try, after using Arm and Hammer for the longest time. I was enticed to the convenient packaging and the claims of odor control.  After using it for about a month, I noticed that it was not clumping the litter. First I thought it may be my cat, but after repeated use it did not get better.

Tidy Cat's litter just wasn't clumping the urine, no matter what I tried. I cleaned the box more frequently, made sure my kitty was drinking enough, and even lined the box with baking soda to make sure it wasn's sticking to the sides. No help all of that was.

The litter is a different texture too, like little litter balls. It does have far less litter dust than other brands, that is one big positive for Tidy Cats. The fragrance is ok as well. Although the little balls have less dust, it seems like the litter gets everywhere, like it explodes out of the box!

I switched back to my other brand, and voila, the litter is clumping again. So it must be the way this litter is manufactured-maybe the little balls and minimal dust formula leads to clumping problems. All in all, would much rather take dust and sandy litter over broken urine clumps-it ruins the whole litterbox and makes it smell dreadful!

NESTLE PURINA PET CARE LITTER