Razer Nostromo RZ07-00490100-R3U1 Wired Keyboard Reviews

Razer Nostromo RZ07-00490100-R3U1 Wired Keyboard

Quality First Keypad

Apr 13, 2012

Pros:Adjustable wrist rest
Size
Macro Customization
Lights
Style
Comfort

Cons:Joystick
Fewer Keys than Logitech G13
Can't Adjust Light Brightness
Very Light

The Bottom Line: The Nostromo is easy to adjust to, comfortable, and stylish.  It makes gaming easier and more fun! Buy it, play it, and love it.

I had purchased the Razer Nostromo Keypad to use with my gaming laptop, as I wasn't too fond of using the generic full keyboard my laptop had.  I was used to the keyboard, but it wasn't as comfortable and had a few minor key issues for gaming (for instance, the control key is hard to reach and smaller than I was used to). The Nostromo had some good reviews on Amazon.com (where I purchased it from) and I compared it to the Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard, and after some thought decided to go with the Nostromo.  The main reasons I chose the Nostromo were that the wrist rest was adjustable (although there are only two settings), it was a little smaller than the G13 (I have smaller hands), the lights were cool (and you can turn them off), and the customizable macros seemed easy to create and quick to swith between.

I have been using the Nostromo for about a week now, and switched to using it from my laptop keyboard in the middle of playing through Mass Effect 3.  It only took about an hour for me to get used to it, and it is so much more comfortable and I can move it around which is quite nice.  The hardest thing to get used to is that the keys on the Nostromo are in straight columns, unlike a keyboard which has staggered keys (the "w" key is not right above the "a" and the "s" key, etc.).  Also I have not used the joystick, as I just haven't needed it, but it does seem a little sticky.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and will be using this for all my gaming to come.  I really look forward to customizing the different macros to different games (TES V:Skyrim, Darksiders, Borderlands, etc.) and see how it performs with different game types.  Highly recommended.

Whether your passion lies in FPS, MMORPG, or RTS games, the Razer Nostromo gaming keypad is designed to give you the upper hand with cutting edge ergo...