Arby's

My visit to Arby's in 20 years

Oct 8, 2011
Not yet rated

Pros:Place was clean,. wasn't there long,. empty Parking lot

Cons:Food not prepared to the customers liking or desire

The Bottom Line: Avoid these places. Get Cheese Steak in Philly

I have titled this: "My Visit To Arby's In 20 Years" as this is the first time I have been back in wellover 20 years.
Now hearing on TV & seeing on Internet Arby's Ads for their NEW "Philly Cheese Steak" sandwich I was tempted to go back & give it a try.
Now, I must say, I have spent some time in Philadelphia, Pa. I am a large fan of the "PHiladelphia Cheese Steak". However I have come to the conclusion, for some unknown reason, you cannot get a decent Philly Cheese Steak outside of Philly. Can't be done, no way, no how, sorry. People are simply just so totally brain dead about this subject.

My past experiences with Arby's steak sandwich was, it was nothing close to something I would call steak (beef). It seemed to be a very poor cheap quality of Lunch Meat. Yes, processed beef & beef by products. It was always dry sickening looking, rather tasteless. It appeared to be some kind of lunchen meat some one had cooked (boiled) (steamed) untill all the juice & flavor was gone, then drained it and served the dried out taste free product. Best short desciption would be, it is like eating a sandwich made from slightly moist cardboard.

Now, back to my recent visit to Arby's, Altoona, Pa of all places. My friend & I went in to try this so called example of a Philly Cheese Steak. (Arby's Angus Beef). Well we started to place our order in a, as I must admit very well kept fast food mill. I asked if I could have the sandwich without the PEPPERS, (sweet peppers or green peppers make me sick, I CANNOT eat them). Now, I would like to eat the peppers, but it is not possible. Well, I was quickly & abuptly told that these sandwiche ingredients were all cooked together & nothing could be left out. Now from this I could imagine what was going on here. Back "THERE" some where was a tub of some sort of material resembling cheap low quality lunch meat steamed of boiled or otherwise heated. Along with it would be beside it or some where a large portion of sliced onions & yes, the sweet green Bell peppers, either cooked to death or hardly cooked depending on the time I had gotten there. A portion of this gayish brown material would be slapped on a bun (roll), topped with a portion of these onions & peppers, topping that with some cold cheeese, some sort of sause they had invented and served to me for 7 dollars.

Now, I was intending to describe how to build & serve a REALL Philly Cheese Steak, but I have thought better of that as I am tiring of typing & you likely the same with the reading. However, I can tell you this, a Philly Cheese Steak is prepared & served to the customer with the toppings of "The Customers" liking & desires. That is the way you do business. ..... or... Oh Wait, these people do not run "Fast Food MILLS"

Thus, I am sure I can live out the rest of my life not bothering with Arby's and their dry, saw dust, paper roast beef sandwiches.

Now people, I would like to invite you, if you're ever in South Philly, stop most any where, get a Philly Cheese Steak. H*ll, you can get one from a sidewalk vender better than this Crap!
Please deposit the paper wrapper in the can. It will likely be recycled into brown material to be sold to "Food Mills" as Angus Beef. It also helps keep the streets clean in Philly. "Home Of THE Philadelphia Cheese Steak"  ... (wink) .... Good bye & good luck

Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Georgia / Arbys Foundation Logo Golf Ball

Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Georgia / Arbys Foundation Logo Golf Ball

Sign up for my store newsletter new golf balls added weekly be sure to add me to your favorites list Combined shipping $3.00 first ball $1.00 each add...

Ads by Google