Bakers Square

Bakers Square, Never again

Nov 3, 2001 (Updated Nov 3, 2001)

Pros:None

Cons:poor service, dirty dishes and hardly any food

The Bottom Line: We will never again go into a Baker Square. If they can't afford to hire enough servers and dish washers they should close the doors.

We took our family to eat at the Bakers Square in Maplewood, MN and we will never go back there again! The restaurant was under staffed on a Saturday evening and we had to wait 30 minutes to be seated at a dirty table. They did finally get the dishes cleared off the table but we had to wait another 10 minutes to have the table wiped off and to get our menus. After another lengthy wait our order was finally taken. Our daughter ordered the "all you can eat fish" and when she asked for more fish the waitress told her "oh, I thought you ordered the fish basket. You don't get more fish with that". Our other daughter ordered the chicken strips with French fries. Her chicken strips consisted of 4 very small round pieces of chicken and 8 French fries. All of the French fry orders came with between 8 to 10 fries. The worst part was that the chicken strips came on a dirty plate. When we mentioned it to the waitress we were told "oh, that's just soup that got on the plate". The plate had a blob of dried green stuff on it. The salad that I ordered was about 6 pieces of lettuce fluffed up to look like a big salad. After asking our waitress for refills of pop for the 3rd time we finally gave up. As for pie!!! What a joke, who could eat pie after looking at the dirty plate and if we couldn't get more pop how in the world would we get pie.

After searching for hours to get an e-mail address I discovered they don't have one. I guess they had to many complaints! I did however find their address.

To send a comment (or complaint) to Bakers Square:
VICORP Restaurants, Inc.
400 West 48th Avenue
Denver, CO 80216

Thos. Baker 10-ft square bamboo umbrella in 18 terracotta

Thos. Baker 10-ft square bamboo umbrella in 18 terracotta

Relax beneath our Thos. Baker 10' bamboo cantilever umbrella with terracotta canopy for optimum shade and style. Buy yours today.

Baker's Rack Style Indoor Sturdy Square Metal Bars Flower Plant Stand Black

Baker's Rack Style Indoor Sturdy Square Metal Bars Flower Plant Stand Black

Baker's Rack Style Indoor Sturdy Square Metal Bars Flower Plant Stand Black Baker's rack plant stand Black in color; square metal bars form the framew...

Thos. Baker 11-ft square bamboo umbrella in 03 light blue

Thos. Baker 11-ft square bamboo umbrella in 03 light blue

Relax beneath our Thos. Baker 11' bamboo market umbrella with light blue canopy for optimum shade and style. Buy yours today.

Thos. Baker 7-ft square bamboo umbrella in 13 ecru

Thos. Baker 7-ft square bamboo umbrella in 13 ecru

Relax beneath our Thos. Baker 7' bamboo market umbrella with ecru canopy for optimum shade and style. Buy yours today.

Thos. Baker 7-ft square bamboo umbrella in 29 green

Thos. Baker 7-ft square bamboo umbrella in 29 green

Relax beneath our Thos. Baker 7' bamboo market umbrella with green canopy for optimum shade and style. Buy yours today.

Thos. Baker 11-ft square bamboo umbrella in 40 taupe

Thos. Baker 11-ft square bamboo umbrella in 40 taupe

Relax beneath our Thos. Baker 11' bamboo market umbrella with taupe canopy for optimum shade and style. Buy yours today.

Thos. Baker 10-ft square bamboo umbrella in 40 taupe

Thos. Baker 10-ft square bamboo umbrella in 40 taupe

Relax beneath our Thos. Baker 10' bamboo cantilever umbrella with taupe canopy for optimum shade and style. Buy yours today.

Thos. Baker 10-ft square bamboo umbrella in 14 black

Thos. Baker 10-ft square bamboo umbrella in 14 black

Relax beneath our Thos. Baker 10' bamboo cantilever umbrella with black canopy for optimum shade and style. Buy yours today.

Thos. Baker 11-ft square bamboo umbrella in 21 ice white

Thos. Baker 11-ft square bamboo umbrella in 21 ice white

Relax beneath our Thos. Baker 11' bamboo market umbrella with ice white canopy for optimum shade and style. Buy yours today.

Baker's Rack, Black

Baker's Rack, Black

This Black Baker's Rack is a stylish and sturdy addition to the home kitchen or dining room. This baker's rack with wine rack features three fixed she...