Benihana

Be The Chef!

May 10, 2009

Pros:Friendly staff
Free meal for the birthday person
Son didn't stop smiling
Unique experience

Cons:None!

The Bottom Line: The Be the Chef experience was more than we could have ever thought it would be. I would recommend it to everyone!

Unbelievable!

My son had the "Be the Chef" experience. We arrived at 4pm, and the chef (Ananda, a.k.a Smile) worked with him for over 2 hours teaching him how to cook teppan style. When I arrived for dinner with the family 2 hours later, I was handed a picture, and my son was dressed in full chef clothing with the big red hat included. I was amazed that he was given so much attention.
We were escorted to our table, as it was just for us. My son came out, did his introduction and bow. He started cooking and really did a great job. His mentor stayed within earshot, but did not hover. My 16 year old had total confidence and even made a few jokes that he had been taught. The entire time, it was as though we were given person attention. I felt as though we were the only ones in the restaurant. I could not believe how much they went out of their way for us.
After dinner, we were treated with a birthday song, desert and another picture as a family. Even Ananda was in the picture. I was amazed.
You would think that this experience would be experience would be expensive. It cost no more than just dinner. For my son to be taught and cook, it was free! Amazing!
As a single parent, outdoing the last birthday is always a challenge. This was the 16th, so it was even more special. I would have to say that the team at Benihana made our day. This was a day my son will never forget. Five stars would not be enough for all that was given to us. Benihana Chandler AZ, you are a perfect 10!