Braum's

Braum's: Dairy, Burgers, And More

May 11, 2005

Pros:Fresh, quality dairy products and very tasty burgers.

Cons:No more drive-through milk sales!

The Bottom Line: I recommend Braum's because their prices are often equal to or below market for quality dairy products plus I like their food.

I am a frequent customer of Braum's. They offer a wide variety of both grocery items (emphasis on dairy) and a full-line fast food restaurant with excellent burgers.

I first ate at a Braum's in Oklahoma about 15 years ago and soon after a new Braum's opened in the small city where I now live.

What do I buy at Braum's? Let's see - milk for my three kids, butter, OJ, ice cream, sherbet, bread, baked goods, the occasional fresh meat package, hot dogs (still beef and pork with NO Poultry!!!), and more. They have added fresh produce to their offerings which is good but it cut the seating area of the restaurant locally to about half the former size. They offer some bagged salads with different blends that just straight lettuce - these I like and would recommend.

My family enjoys a meal out from Braum's. At breakfast, the biscuits and gravy come in two sizes - one biscuit or two split and covered with a rich, creamy sausage gravy. They also offer breakfast sandwiches - great sausage & egg biscuits - and pancakes which taste like those my grandmother made.

For lunch and supper, their burgers are outstanding. They are fresh, hot, and delicious. You can go as cheap as a Bag Of Burgers for just over $5 (for five burgers) or go with a 2/3 a pounder with everything. In my opinion, Braum's burgers are about the best fast food hamburgers out there, much better than McD's, Hardees, etc. The burgers are so tasty that they remind me of the kind of burgers you could once get a local cafes.

They also offer a wide variety - chicken sandwiches (grilled or breaded), steak sandwich, salads, etc. The fries are pretty standard - crinkled frozen but not bad.

For ice cream treats, Braum's offers thick old-fashioned malts and shakes. Pricey but good. Old-fashioned banana splits (the kind with one scoop each of chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla ice cream plus the toppings and banana) are on the menu along with a wide variety of sundaes. You can also get a banana split with all vanilla ice cream.

Their baked goods - Braum's packaged cookies, cinnamon rolls, speciality breads - are also good. Get there early enough in the day and buy "day old" at half price or less.
I buy the marked down cookies all the time for my kids and can't taste any difference.

The stores also stock ketchup, pancake syrup and mix, peanut butter and a few other condiments.

Braum's Ice Cream is good with all kinds of flavors. They still have a butter brickle flavor along with chocolate chunk - too many flavors to name. They offer some reduced fat ice creams and a French line of delightful flavors - we just had one last week that was French vanilla with cherries and pecans!! Scrumptious. They also offer sherbets in traditional flavors like orange and lime but also cool ones like cherry limeade and others.

Ice cream by the dip or in a cone are available from their many flavors and they are generous. Try the pralines and cream on a cone for a rich, sweet treat!

I visit Braum's several times a week because I buy milk and other groceries there. Our family eats there a few times a month.

The staff has overall been courteous and helpful. One time when I had a small issue, I called the customer service number and talked with Braum's headquarters. They sent me a $10 gift certificate and some coupons.

Until recently customers could drive through and pick up milk or other items but that was stopped. I regret that - with three kids, it was often easier to drive through for milk than trail the kids through the store but that's one small thing against the rest of positive products and service.

Handle Door 11-5/8 X 2-1/2 Black For Lang Oven Eco-8m 9m Star Range 221548

Handle Door 11-5/8 X 2-1/2 Black For Lang Oven Eco-8m 9m Star Range 221548

DOOR HANDLE, 11-5/8 X 2-1/2; BLACK. LANG OVEN ECO-(8M,9M), ECCO-A, ECCO-C (WITH S/N UP TO G71021), ECCO-S, EHS-C, (INCLUDING BRAUMS), EHS-(C-LMDR, C1-...

LANG BLOWER WHEEL 71500-06

LANG BLOWER WHEEL 71500-06

1/2 BORE, 8 1/2 DIA, 2 1/16 DEEP. CCW, CONCAVE BACK, PULLER HUB, 2 SET SCREWS. LANG MOTOR MB 136, # 68 1262, 115/230V LANG MOTOR # 68 1427, 208/240V L...
Micro Leaf Switch, Lang 51100-18 Star Mfg Q9-51100-18

Micro Leaf Switch, Lang 51100-18 Star Mfg Q9-51100-18

end_display_feedback_code_window Description:MICRO LEAF SWITCH, 20 AMP, 125/250/480 10 AMP, 12 VAC L, DOOR SWITCH, 3 SCREW TERM.LEVER 3/8 X 3 1/2 ( SH...

Thermostat Fixed Temp 490 Star Lang Oven Eco-8m 9m Ecco Ap C C5s-cs Lmdr 461463

Thermostat Fixed Temp 490 Star Lang Oven Eco-8m 9m Ecco Ap C C5s-cs Lmdr 461463

T'STAT, TEMP 490 F FIXED, DISC TYPE W/ 1/4 TAB TERM (2) LANG OVEN ECO-(8M,9M), ECCO-AP, ECCO-C (INCLUDING MRS FIELDS), ECCO-C5S, ECCO-C5S-CS (MRS FIEL...

Micro Leaf Switch 20amp 125/250/480 10amp Lang Oven Ehs-ap Ehs-pp Star 421715

Micro Leaf Switch 20amp 125/250/480 10amp Lang Oven Ehs-ap Ehs-pp Star 421715

MICCRO LEAF SWITCH, 20 AMP, 125/250/480 10 AMP, 12 VAC L, DOOR SWITCH, 3 SCREW TERM. LEVER 3/8 X 3 1/2 ( SHORT 3/16 BEND AT END ) LANG OVEN EHS-AP, EH...