Captain D's Seafood

Captain D's, Decent Food, Price, And No Burgers!

Jul 28, 2005

Pros:Food is good, restaurant is clean, and great service!

Cons:No beef, veal or pork served here.

The Bottom Line: Good place to eat alone or with family!

I don't know about you but I often find myself not wanting to cook and needing a quick meal and frequenting a fast food burger joint just doesn't sound appealing. This is when I turn to Captain D's Seafood.

Our Local Captain D's

I suppose I'm lucky, most of the Captain D's in and around Baton Rouge have closed down and the one left is fairly close to our home.

Captain D's Seafood is a step above eating at Burger King, McDonalds, or Wendys. They offer seafood dishes, sandwiches and salads but in a fast food atmosphere. The dining area is always clean and neat when we visit Captain D's Seafood. The restrooms are also neat and clean.

This is a good place to eat for families especially. The prices are low, the food is good (not exceptional or anything to write home about but decent), and service is pretty quick.

Service/Ordering

Our local Captain D's Seafood provides good customer service. You place your order at the counter upon entering Captain D's Seafood. The menu is displayed on the wall over the counter and is really easy to read. You will just about always find a special running which will be a dinner at a special price or all-you-can-eat entree of fish (usually).

Once your order is placed you will be given a receipt with an order number on it and take a seat in the dining room. Your number will be called when your order is ready and you will pick it up at the counter. I find that food is always ready within 10 minutes of placing the order! That's pretty fast service! Condiments are available at a counter at the entrance to the dining room and contain ketchup, tarter sauce, napkins, straws, forks, knives, etc.

The Menu & Prices

Captain D's menu has something for everyone. They offer all-you-can-eat specials for the big appetites, sandwiches, salads and dinners. Entrees include fish both fried and broiled, shrimp, chicken and salads.

Combo's are available if you want to order both fish and chicken. Combo's are served with french fries and cole slaw.

Captain D's Seafood offers a deluxe seafood platter which includes batter dipped fish, butterfly shrimp, seafood stuffed crab shells, french fries, hush puppies and cole slaw.

Most individual entrees cost between $2.99 - $6.99. Kid's menu items are also available for kids 12 and under priced at $3.99 and under. Kid's menu items include a choice of fish, shrimp or white meat chicken, french fries and a coke. A family of 4 can easily eat for under $30 here. Desserts are also available but nothing fancy, usually pre-packaged cake or pie.

Restaurant Location

Captain D's Seafood
7869 Greenwell Springs Rd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70814

Final Thoughts And Recommendation

I think this is a good alternative to the usual fast food burger outlets! The food is good, not expensive, good service and the restaurant is clean. There is a nice selection of menu items, a kid's menu and also a drive-thru if you want to bring dinner home. I give Captain D's Seafood 4 Stars!