Cracker Barrel

Long wait, average food with a not so average price tag.

Feb 1, 2006

Pros:Nice place, friendly and country store style

Cons:Long wait, mediocre food & high priced for the food

The Bottom Line: If you have nothing better to do and you're not hungry yet, eat here. If you're a moderately busy person and hungry, go somewhere else!

If you're going out to dinner but you're really hungry, I'd skip this place. Every time I've been to a Cracker Barrel I've spent 30 minutes to an hour waiting for a table and service isn't too snappy either. It’s nice if you have nowhere to go or nothing to do but for the average person it’s not a good idea.

The food is ok, just ok. It’s not bad, but not amazing either. You can get the same dishes at just about any other country cooking type of place. You can pass the time while you wait for your server to bring out your beverage with a peg game on the table (if you have all the pieces) The décor is what you would expect a place like theirs to have, it’s nice and mostly appropriate for the setting. When the fireplace is lit, it looks very inviting and adds a toasty glow to the environment. The servers are dressed well but often lack the type of menu knowledge that they should but maybe it’s just the location that I go to.

Cracker Barrel’s gift shop is also overpriced, they must be very proud of their merchandise because the price tags reflect it! The only items I can’t compare to lower prices in stores would be the custom items that they carry. Don’t get me wrong, I know it’s a novelty shop, but at what point to gummy bears, air fresheners and shot glasses nearly triple in cost to that of a convenience store?

Overall in the service and quality of your food it’s a little overpriced. Again, it’s not ridiculous but it’s above the normal price tag for this type of establishment. It’s not my first choice if I’m going out to eat… If I want some home cooking, I’ll drive the extra mile to the other place.. at least I know I’ll get to eat within the hour.

Cracker Barrel Season Of Peace Mug, Fine China Dinnerware - Various Birds & Christmas Phrases

Cracker Barrel - Cracker Barrel Season Of Peace Mug - Various Birds & Christmas Phrases

Cracker Barrel Fondue Warmer Set Christmas Stoneware Ceramic

Cracker Barrel Fondue Warmer Set Christmas Stoneware Ceramic

~~ CRACKER BARREL ~~ FONDUE WARMER SET Handmade Christmas details: stoneware ceramic base & bowl 4 fondue forks ceramic is dishwasher & microwave safe...

Cracker Barrel Thanksgiving Traditions Cornucopia Creamer Cream / Sugar Set

Cracker Barrel Thanksgiving Traditions Cornucopia Creamer Cream / Sugar Set

New in Box CRACKER BARREL Thanksgiving Traditions Cornucopia Creamer /Sugar set. Sold in Cracker Barrel Restuarant Gift Shops. Colorful Fruit and Vegg...

Cracker Barrel Peace On Earth Mug, Fine China Dinnerware - All Green,Embossed,Christmas Scene

Cracker Barrel - Cracker Barrel Peace On Earth Mug - All Green,Embossed,Christmas Scene
Replacements, Ltd.

Grant Howard 50132 Medium Cracker Barrel Jar with Air Tight Wire Bail Closure, 3-Quart

Cracker Barrel Hidden Cove Set Of 4 Fishing Coasters W/ Holder

Cracker Barrel Hidden Cove Set Of 4 Fishing Coasters W/ Holder

New in box. Will accept PayPal only. Ship to USA only. Payment expected within 3 days of purchase. Thanks for looking.

Cracker Barrel Ceramic Salad Bowl/serving Dish/plate-rooster-nib-9.75-country

Cracker Barrel Ceramic Salad Bowl/serving Dish/plate-rooster-nib-9.75-country

CRACKER BARREL ROOSTER SALAD BOWL/SERVING DISH-PLATE. NEW IN BOX. Measures 9 3/4 in diameter. DISHWASHER AND MICROWAVE SAFE. Check out my other items ...

Cracker Barrel Elegant Rooster Dinner Plate, Fine China Dinnerware - Embossed,Black Band,Rooster,No Trim

Cracker Barrel - Cracker Barrel Elegant Rooster Dinner Plate - Embossed,Black Band,Rooster,No Trim
Replacements, Ltd.

Cracker Barrel Elegant Rooster Mug, Fine China Dinnerware - Embossed,Black Band,Rooster,No Trim

Cracker Barrel - Cracker Barrel Elegant Rooster Mug - Embossed,Black Band,Rooster,No Trim

Cracker Barrel Apple Collection Salt & Pepper Shakers With Tray Ceramic

Cracker Barrel Apple Collection Salt & Pepper Shakers With Tray Ceramic

lt;img src=http://ti2.auctiva.com/web/aswCredit.gif border=0gt;lt;br gt;lt;a href=http://www.auctiva.com/?how=scLnk0 target=_blankgt;lt;img src=http:/...