Dave & Buster's

Great Fun!

Apr 22, 2004 (Updated May 5, 2004)

Pros:Good Food, Drink and Fun!!!

Cons:Expensive. Can not get in unless you are 21 or with someone over 25.

The Bottom Line: It is a great place to hang out with friends, family or go on a date. I would go for yourself and try it out!!

Dave and Busters is a entertainment center with a restaurant/bar that caters to everyone in the family. The Dave and Busters in Nyack, New York has a large restaurant, two bars, Pool tables, 3-D movie/rides, shuffleboard tables, a Theater, and a Midway with tons of games.
The only problem with Dave and Busters is that you must be 21 or with someone over 25. This is due to the alcohol. With that said the atmosphere can be different with the time of day you go. If you go around lunch time you are going to find a lot of families with kids. The families tend to go away with the nighttime. Although with the night also comes crazy 20 something’s out with their friends. It also depends on what day you decide to go.
Restaurant-
Each Dave and Busters has its own sit down restaurant. The food can be compared to Fridays. They have the typical appetizers, big salads, steaks, sandwiches, hot entrées and desserts.

Appetizers- There are about 9 different appetizers to choose from some of them are Nachos, chips salsa guacamole, Buffalo wings, moz. sticks, and then the combo appetizer with can be compared to the "three for all" at Fridays.. The serving sizes are small. The nachos cost around 6.99 and usually only have about 9 chips with cheese and the other toppings on them.

Entrees-
The menu is large with a lot of entrees to choose from. They have all different types of salads. They actually just changed their portion size on the salad. I recently got a small side salad and it was huge! There are chicken dishes, steaks, sandwiches, some seafood and baby back ribs. Most of the entrees come with a side of steamed veggies and either French fries or a load mashed potato. The average cost for an entree is about 12.00.

Desserts-
Dave and Busters offers five main desserts. They sometimes change from time to time. Last time I was there they have a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate chips, Key lime Pie, Flan, NY cheesecake, and I think carrot cake. I also think ice cream is available.
Drinks-
The usually coke drinks apply here with free refills. They have a full menu just for drinks on every table. They have regular mixed drinks and they some special ones of there own like island style drinks and also some specially made shots! The drinks are kind of expensive (typically city bar prices).

My favorite food at Dave and Busters are the Philly cheese steaks (also available with chicken)amazing!!! they come with mushrooms, onions, peppers and cheese on a big hero.
The waiter server is nice, I have never had a problem.
The best part about eating at Dave and Buster is our can eat anywhere! The waiter service doesn’t stop where the restaurant does. You can eat around the bars, the tables in the game area or even at the pool tables. Drinks are also available anywhere and feel free to walk around with your drink.

Bars-
There are two bars at Dave and Busters one is located near the pool table area. It has a giant TV that always has sports on it. There are also some smaller TV’s with other shows on them. The bar area has several tables surrounding it so its never that crowed around the bar.
The other bar is located in the back in the middle of the midway. This bar also has several TV’s with sports playing on them. Booths and tables are all the way around the bar where you can order just drinks or food.

Pool Table area-
Each Dave and Busters has a pool table area. Ours has a total of 6 pool tables. Each table area has a couple seats and a side table to put your food and drinks on. The Pool table area has its own waitress so you can get properly attended to. They do not take reservations for the tables so it is a first come thing. During non-peak hours there is not a wait and the price is also lower. The wait and price go up during peak hours 7pm – 2am. I think it might be about $11/hr. during peak time. Also located in the pool table area are shuffleboard tables. These are old wooden boards with sawdust on it where you try to knock each other’s metal puck off the board and into point area. I love this game. These are also on the first come bases I believe it is about $9/hr. during peak time.

Midway-
There are so many games in the midway its hard to list them all but in order to play them you have to get a Dave and Busters Power Card. Every game is set up a to a card swipe. You purchase a card for $2.00 and then put a dollar amount on the card. The dollar amount you choose represents points. Each game costs points. One point I think represents somewhere around 35 cents.
The midway is usually divided into two sections - games of chance that give you tickets ( you can redeem these for items stuffed animals, games, cups, etc.) Or just plain arcade games.. but did I say plain oh no these are not plain game! They have Gun shoot em up games that you can play with four people, car racing games where 10 people can play at once, motorcycle ride on games, flight simulators, reg. Joy stick games, virtual realty games, claw drops, a big virtual bowl game, and my favorite the new horse racing game. You get to build your horse, train them, feed them, and them send them to the races where you control the jockey. You play against 9 other people that have created their own horse. The typical ticket game costs around 3.0 points. The reg. Games cost about 4.0 – 15.0 points.

Dave and Busters offers party planning. If you are having a 21st birthday party be careful because they will treat your under 21 friend horribly. I had this problem. My mom had to stay with my two friends the entire time; they even made her go into the restroom with them.
But you can have kids parties there, weird right. Anyway the people are very nice besides that.

The Dave and Busters by me has a theater. The theater houses all the events such as murder mysteries dinners, celebrity signings, and karaoke. It is also available for private parties.

Overall Dave and Busters is a great place to hang out with friends or go with family. They really do have something for everyone. The prices can be a little expensive but I think it is worth it! Time goes by so fast when you are there.

Blue Dave And Busters Giant Soft Plush Boxing Glove Pillow

Blue Dave And Busters Giant Soft Plush Boxing Glove Pillow

This Auction is for a Blue Dave and Busters Giant Soft Plush Boxing Glove Pillow. The Pillow is in great condition and has its original tags. It is qu...

Dave & Buster's Logo Golf Ball

Dave & Buster's Logo Golf Ball

Sign up for my store newsletter new golf balls added weekly be sure to add me to your favorites list Combined shipping $3.00 first ball $1.00 each add...

(Email Delivery) Dave & Buster's $50 Gift Card

(Email Delivery) Dave & Buster's $50 Gift Card

If you're looking for the best food, drink and play under one roof, choose gift cards from Dave & Buster's! Where you'll always find a new mix of fun.

Clam Dave Genz Ice Buster Combo Icefishing Rod

Clam Dave Genz Ice Buster Combo Icefishing Rod

Clam Dave Genz Ice Buster Icefishing Combo Rods. Trick out your tacklebox with true trout - terrifying tools of the trade, AND SAVE. Feel the flexibil...
Boating Savings

Gumby Suction Cup Dave & Busters Button Poly 9 Inch

Gumby Suction Cup Dave & Busters Button Poly 9 Inch

NEW AND UNUSED FROM A SMOKE FREE AND PET FREE ENVIRONMENT!! THIS 9 INCH GUMBY HAS A DAVE BUSTERS BUTTON ON HIS CHEST. HE WAS PURCHASED AS A SOUVENIR O...

(Email Delivery) Dave & Buster's $25 Gift Card

(Email Delivery) Dave & Buster's $25 Gift Card

Official Size Indoor/outdoor 29.5 Dave & Busters Fancy Prize Basketball Nip

Official Size Indoor/outdoor 29.5 Dave & Busters Fancy Prize Basketball Nip

This is a Dave and Busterʻs prize basketball with pizazz! Iʻm not sure what the material is, there is no content label, but I believe this is a rubb...

Clam Dave Genz Lady Ice Buster Combo Icefishing Rod

Clam Dave Genz Lady Ice Buster Combo Icefishing Rod

Clam Dave Genz Lady Ice Buster Icefishing Combo Rods. Why should the guys have all the fun? Ladies: get ready to embarrass your fishing partners. The ...
Boating Savings

Ro-busters - Mills, Pat/ O'neill, Dave (art)/ Gibbons, Dave (art)/ Talbot, Bryan