Golden Corral

I will eat there any day.

Jun 13, 2001 (Updated May 29, 2005)

Pros:Everyone in the party can choose their favorites.

Cons:You have to get it yourself.

The Bottom Line: Want all you can eat for $5.99 or less, before 4pm, then try your local Golden Corral. Great variety and lots of it.

This review badly needed to be up-dated. In the past couple of years, Len and I have been using our local Golden Corral. We tend to go there a couple of times a month. We could easily go more, but my waistline would increase.

As Len is retired and I can choose my hours of work, we tend to go between 2pm and 3.30pm, Monday through Saturday. They have the buffet and a drink for $4.99. What a deal. As of May 2005 the price has gone up to $5.59 but you can't beat the price.

The wait in line is never long. Once we have our drinks, I have milk, Len diet soda, we pick up our silverware, pay, get our plates, and then ask which station is Susie in. Yes, isn't it amazing that our favorite server has the same name as me.

She is excellent. Always keeping her area clean. Tending to people's needs. I have even seen her go get food for an elderly person, who was so frail. She keeps us supplied with clean plates and drinks.

I head for the salad bar. A huge variety to choose from. I get crab salad, beets, lettuce, tomato if it is fresh, spinach, olives, and a fat free dressing. I have been known to ask them to change the tomatoes if they have been sitting for awhile.

Next I go for the vegetables. I am not a big meat eater. If they are well cooked I take half a dozen kinds. Then go to the beef stew and take the carrots, onions, and some of that good gravy.

My final stop is for the fresh fruit. Containers of grapes, strawberries (in season), melon, etc. I leave a little space to go and see our old cook, Vanessa. She is in the bakery and suggests a dessert for me to try.

Susie will come over with decaf. coffee for me and I am set for the day.

Len loves the South Western soup. Very spicy. He likes the chili too. Sometimes he will have a small slice of pizza. Other times, a chicken breast, or sausage. He also likes the fish. It is a little on the hot side for me.

They have 3 or 4 sugar free desserts for Len to choose from. He always says how good they are.

The restaurant often has dirty tables, but I give the staff their due, they do clean all the time.

This truly is value for money. If you go after 4pm then you will be paying the dinner buffet prices. Also on a Friday night it is Seafood and I believe they add on a further dollar. We don't go at these times, because we hate crowds, and prefer good service.

I wanted to compare it to the new Barnhill's just opened in our area. The price is better, but the quality of the food not as good. Golden Coral has more salad items, and the fruit is in separate containers. Just one dish of mixed fruits at Barnhill's. Both chain have their merits, so I have to give them both a 4 star. I never come out hungry, that's the trouble. Anyone could certainly over eat at these great restaurants.

Up-dated March 7th, 2004.

We have a Golden Corral close to home, but I also use the one at 7702 West Highway 192, Kissimme, in the Orlando area.

We were over there a couple of weeks ago and used both this one and also another on International Drive. However, I prefer the Kissimmee one.

On entering the restaurant, there is a board with the prices. We tend to go for a late lunch. This costs $5.99 but we always have a 10% discount coupon. My husband can either choose to use this or have the senior, which is full price but does include a drink. Just to let you know when we went there on Saturday 21st May, 2005, there is no lunch buffet on Saturdays and Sundays. You will be charged for breakfast up to 2.00p.m. and then dinner kicks in. This Kissimmee location has lost our Saturday business. On principal I will not pay $23 and change for lunch for 2 people.

You have to take a tray and silverware. The counter people will ask about a drink, and get you the first one. They provide you with the initial plate too. You pay when ordering your buffet. Over to a table and ready for your dining experience.

We leave the cashier slip on the table and go immediately to the salad bar. By the time we have returned our server has already been to the table. There are extra plates and napkins waiting.

As soon as we have finished the first plate of food, we put it to the side and off we go again. This continues throughout the meal.

The food.

I am pleased to say that the cold food is always below 40 degs. There is a huge selection of salad, fresh fruit, and everything else that goes with it. I love their crab salad. It is really creamy and goes well with tomatoes, lettuce and beets.

Desserts are plentiful. There is a bakery with cookies, donuts etc. Ice cream with all the toppings. Other wonderful delights too.

The hot food is 'hot'. We love the rotisserie chicken, beef stew, meatloaf and much, much, more. There are many vegetables to accompany the main dish. There is also a carvery. Normally before 4pm there is turkey, but we have been sitting chatting and seen roast beef for the evening buffet. If you are a Pizza eater, they make them in front of you. How about that for a buffet chain.

Drinks are endless. You pay the once and the server will be ever present to refill. I normally have water with lemon. However, the server will ask if we would like complimentary coffee with our meal. What a deal.

Is it clean.

This particular branch is normally very clean. I always check the bathroom. If this is spotless, then most likely the kitchen will be too.

The overall appearance of the restaurant was clean. The servers were picking up all the time. No stains or food on the carpets.

Every time someone left, the server would bus the table and clean it thoroughly for the next people.

We have been to this Golden Corral dozens of times. Only once did we find that the temperatures were not correct. The Manager immediately removed the food and insisted on picking up our tab.

If there are any large eaters out there, then this is the place for you. Lots of variety, all for one price.

They are open from 7.30am and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Taking the family out, why not give it a try.

We did several years ago and keep going back.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Susie.

Corral Saltillo Golden Overlay Studded Cowgirl Boots - Square Toe

Corral Saltillo Golden Overlay Studded Cowgirl Boots - Square Toe

Kick your style up a notch wearing these fancy Corral boots! . Fancy golden brown leather overlays decorate foot, heel counter & shaft . ...

Corral Boot Women's A1192 Black Inlay And Crystals-several Sizes

Corral Boot Women's A1192 Black Inlay And Crystals-several Sizes

Corral Boot Women's A1192 Black Inlay and Crystals Leather Black leather foot and 13 inch shaft Foot and shaft include ornate white scroll inlays and ...

Corral Boot Company Women's Vintage Brown With Tan Embroidery &am

Corral Boots are made by the finest leather craftsmen in the world in the heart of North American boot making, Leon, Mexico. Get noticed in these vint...

Corral Womens Brown & Turquoise Laser Tool Cowgirl Boot

Corral Womens Brown & Turquoise Laser Tool Cowgirl Boot

Style: C1620 Shaft: Laser Tooled Brown Goat Leather with Turquoise Inlay Vamp: Laser Tooled Brown Goat Leather with Turquoise Inlay Sole: Leather Outs...
Corral Ladies Tall Boot, Casual Boots

Corral Ladies Tall Boot, Casual Boots

Contemporary style boot for today's fashion forward gals Genuine distress leather construction is soft and supple Harness leather accents with buckles...
Schneider Saddlery

Corral Inlay Laser Tooled Cowgirl Boot - Pointed Toe

Corral Inlay Laser Tooled Cowgirl Boot - Pointed Toe

Fashion-forward Corral cowgirl boots!. Distressed turquoise-hued & brown leathers. Tinting, abrasions, & scarring on leather add vintage cowbo...

Corral Ladies Boots Style R1217-snip Toe - Several Sizes

Corral Ladies Boots Style R1217-snip Toe - Several Sizes

Corral Ladies Boots Style #R1217 Corral boots are made for the most fashionable cowgirls! All-over burnished leather Accented with whip stitching, lea...

Corral Harness Riding Boots - Round Toe

Corral Harness Riding Boots - Round Toe

Turn heads wearing Corral boots!. Genuine distressed leather construction. Fashionable leather harnesses accent foot & shaft. Pull tab at back of coll...