Panera Bread

We call it St Louis Bread Company here

May 7, 2000 (Updated Apr 20, 2001)

Pros:FRESH, unadulterated food, friendly staff, variety, variety, variety

Cons:Price for bagels just went up to $6.49/bakers dozen - ugh!

The Bottom Line: BEST Freeze, reheat and eat bagels in the WORLD!

OMG! OMG! This is my ONE total indulgence in life! I can't believe I found it listed finally!

God was DEFINITELY good when he helped man invent Panera/St Louis Bread Company.

Let me tell you this RIGHT now: These are the BEST bagels for freezing, and eating one at a time, or to eat on the fly. We've tried freezing Einsteins, and a variety of store bought, but nothing holds up like St Louis Bread Company bagels.

My husband eats a blueberry bagel every day for breakfast, after his workout. He takes it frozen, in a ziploc, and heats it in the microwave on 50% power for 2 1/2 minutes. It comes out PERFECT...not chewy, not crunchy, not stale. PERFECTO!

After the birth of each of our kids, I was rewarded with a fresh, warm, ever-so-crunchy-on-the-outside chocolate chip bagel, much to the chagrin of the nursing staff (they wanted some, too).

Once every two weeks, we run out there for lunch, and to get our dozen of blueberry. We call the order in ahead of time, so all we have to do is pick them up and pay with our lunch order. The staff are so thoughtful to include some freezer bags with the order.

Yes, lunch can be expensive, but consider what you're getting, and you'll realize you are NOT at fast food. If you want cheap and quick, go to Taco Bell. This is REAL food, made with whole grains, natural flavorings, and from scratch, every day, and it shows.

Every sandwich comes with a choice of bread (honey wheat is my son's favorite with the PB&J)(I like sourdough with my chicken salad). Every sandwich comes with a pickle and a bag of chips - no ala carte pricing like some delis.

This was the first place in St Louis to offer a good sourdough that will make your mouth pucker. They are award winners, and have beaten Boudin's from San Francisco on numerous occasions for taste.

They sell loaves of sourdough, loaves of French, loaves of Italian. You can get it sliced while you wait. They also sell small and big sourdough bowls so you can take them home and fill them with your own soups!

Let's not talk about the bakery, as my mouth is already watering. Oh, okay. You MADE me! Great big HUGE cinnamon buns, caramel rolls that make you drool, chocolate croissants, and muffins the size of a coffee mug. And COFFEE! They make a coffee called Cafe Borgia that's to die for. It has just a hint of orange flavoring, and if you get someone who loves it, too, you will be falling out of your chair, burning the roof of your mouth, for another taste!

Panera/St Louis Bread offers a coffee club and a bagel club. So far I've gotten two Free Dozen Bagels with Cream Cheese (honey walnut is our favorite), and I've already gotten three Free Grande Coffees.

The bagels sell for about forty-five cents apiece, and you get thirteen in a dozen. Sandwiches run anywhere from $2.95 to $6 for combos. They also offer a variety of salads and soups, with dietary restrictions taken into consideration, if you request.

Also, they donate heavily to the community. The Downtown locations donate any bakery goods that are left over at closing time to shelters and food pantries for distribution.

So, when you see a Panera Bread, or when your travels bring you to St. Louis, please stop in and pick up some great food!

UPDATE April 20, 2001
We bought our usual Baker's Dozen blueberry bagels today, and they price had gone up to $6.49. That comes out to about 50 cents a bagel. Still worth it if you think that is all a person eats for breakfast! But, they've had to pass along to the consumer the higher price of fuel here. Who'da thunk bagels would be affected by gasoline?

Panera Bread Coffee, Hazelnut Creme, 12 Count

Panera Bread Coffee, Hazelnut Creme, 12 Count

Panera Bread Coffee, Hazelnut Creme, 12 Count A nutty, creamy and rich flavored coffee with a light hazelnut aroma.
Panera Bread Bakery Blends Italian Expresso Ground 100% Arabica Coffee 12 Oz

Panera Bread Bakery Blends Italian Expresso Ground 100% Arabica Coffee 12 Oz

Auction is for one 12 oz package of Panera Bread Bakery Blends Italian Expresso Ground 100% Arabica Coffee -Combined Shipping Available - ____________...

Panera Bread Bakery Blends Colombia Ground 100% Arabica Coffee 12 Oz

Panera Bread Bakery Blends Colombia Ground 100% Arabica Coffee 12 Oz

Auction is for one 12 oz package of Panera Bread Bakery Blends Colombia Ground 100% Arabica Coffee -Combined Shipping Available - ____________________...

Panera Bread Bakery Blends French Vanilla Ground 100% Arabica Coffee 12 Oz

Panera Bread Bakery Blends French Vanilla Ground 100% Arabica Coffee 12 Oz

Auction is for one 12 oz package of Panera Bread Bakery Blends French Vanilla Ground 100% Arabica Coffee -Combined Shipping Available - ______________...

Panera Bread Bakery Blends Light Roast Ground 100% Arabica Coffee 12 Oz

Panera Bread Bakery Blends Light Roast Ground 100% Arabica Coffee 12 Oz

Auction is for one 12 oz package of Panera Bread Bakery Blends Light Roast Ground 100% Arabica Coffee -Combined Shipping Available - _________________...

Panera Bread Coffee Dark Roast 12 Count

Panera Bread Bakery Blends Hazelnut Creme Ground 100% Arabica Coffee 12 Oz

Panera Bread Bakery Blends Hazelnut Creme Ground 100% Arabica Coffee 12 Oz

Auction is for one 12 oz package of Panera Bread Bakery Blends Hazelnut Creme Ground 100% Arabica Coffee

Panera Bread Bakery Blends Dark Roast Ground 100% Arabica Coffee 12 Oz

Panera Bread Bakery Blends Dark Roast Ground 100% Arabica Coffee 12 Oz

Auction is for one 12 oz package of Panera Bread Bakery Blends Dark Roast Ground 100% Arabica Coffee -Combined Shipping Available - __________________...

Panera Bread Dark Roast Coffee Keurig K-cup 12 Count Box

Panera Bread Dark Roast Coffee Keurig K-cup 12 Count Box

Dated 9/30/14 Boxes have some damage but I cups are all fine!Posted with eBay Mobile Posted with eBay Mobile