Red Lobster

tasty fish and great key lime pie

Sep 30, 2000

Pros:Seafood lover's paradise

Cons:commercial

We live in the mid-west and outside of catfish and trout we don't have a great choice of fish. Our beef and steaks are the best in the world, but fish isn't high on the list of favorite foods in the great plains.

However, Red Lobster seems to draw large crowds and the other night we celebrated my granddaughter's birthday at her favorite place, Red Lobster.The waitress brought us our drinks and a basket of cheese rolls. I buttered one of them and found it was delicious. I ordered the seafood platter, taking a clue from one of the other guest who is a frequent diner at the seafood bonanza. I had no idea of what I had ordered and the waitress brought a wonderful salad, crisp and ice cold with blue cheese dressing and fresh tomatoes.

My dinner came on a large platter it had cheese mashed potatoes, green beans, two crab cakes, a gigantic serving of popcorn shrimp and two large pieces of breaded white fish. This platter was about twice as much as I usually eat for dinner. The waitress reading my mind asked if she could pack up the remainder of the dinner in a doggy bag.
"You can re-heat any of this in the microwave and eat it tomorrow."
She also threw in several of the cheese rolls.

The next day I was delighted the waitress had suggested "packing up" the rest of the fish. I had another the dinner the next night including the rolls, which re-heated to a fair the well.

The atmosphere of the Red Lobster was of driftwood paneling, with lobster traps and thick nautical ropes on the wall. The ligh fixtures are sea lanterns and lighthouses are the focal points of the murals on the walls.

The prices seemed reasonable for our city and the food was plentiful and good.

Food:

Exceptionally good for a chain restaurant.

Service:
The service was friendly,prompt and polite.

Decor:
Attractive decor nautical theme.

Special Notes, Tips or Menu Recommendations:
Key lime pie and crab cakes are very good.

Red Lobster Crack

Red Lobster Crack

THIS IS A BRAND NEW HEAVY WEIGHT, RED ENAMEL LOBSTER CRACK THAT MEASURES 5 1/2 AND IS SHAPED LIKE LOBSTER CLAWS,GREAT FOR THOSE SPECIAL GATHERINGS AND...

- Florene Decorative - Red and Black Lobsters - Mugs

- Florene Decorative - Red and Black Lobsters - Mugs

Florene Decorative - Red and Black Lobsters - Mugs
Studio Nova Lobster-Red Mug, Fine China Dinnerware - Porcelain, Red Sea Creatures

Studio Nova - Studio Nova Lobster-Red Mug - Porcelain, Red Sea Creatures

Nautical Red Lobster Jacquard Kitchen Tea Towels S/2 Maine Coastal Decor

Nautical Red Lobster Jacquard Kitchen Tea Towels S/2 Maine Coastal Decor

Nautical Red Lobster Jacquard Kitchen Tea Towels S/2 Nautical Coastal Decor NWT click picture to enlarge click picture to enlarge Red Lobster Buoy Jac...

- PS Creations - Red Lobster Checkered Art - Beach Themed - Ocean - Mugs

- PS Creations - Red Lobster Checkered Art - Beach Themed - Ocean - Mugs

PS Creations - Red Lobster Checkered Art - Beach Themed - Ocean - Mugs
Red Lobster & Nut Cracker Heavy Duty Easy To Use

Red Lobster & Nut Cracker Heavy Duty Easy To Use

NEW - METAL LOBSTER CRACKER, RED, HEAVY DUTY, Made in ITALY for CHIDINI. Dishwasher safe, easy to use, easy to store, reusable, works well with crab a...

Studio Nova Lobster-Red Creamer, Fine China Dinnerware - Porcelain, Red Sea Creatures

Studio Nova - Studio Nova Lobster-Red Creamer - Porcelain, Red Sea Creatures

Don't Get Me Steamy Lobster Apron

Don't Get Me Steamy Lobster Apron

Making the perfect gift for the lobster lover, cook or New England food enthusiast, our Get Steamy Apron adds humor to the kitchen. A bright red lobst...
Sturbridge Yankee Workshop

Cast Iron Red Lobster Bottle Opener 1 Piece 5.75 Reproduction

Cast Iron Red Lobster Bottle Opener 1 Piece 5.75 Reproduction

This listing is for 1 piece of Cast Iron Red Lobster Bottle Opener measuring 1.75W x 5.75H x .5D. Photo shows front of Bottle Opener, back of Opener i...

Studio Nova Lobster-Red 12 Chop Plate/Round Platter, Fine China Dinnerware - Porcelain, Red Sea Creatures

Studio Nova - Studio Nova Lobster-Red 12 Chop Plate/Round Platter - Porcelain, Red Sea Creatures