Ruby Tuesday

Buy the salad bar too, at Ruby Tuesday.

Jul 31, 2003

Pros:Great salad bar and service.

Cons:May not get your money's worth.

The Bottom Line: Excellent food and service, but the salad bar does not come with it. Great if you want to bring part of your meal home for the next day.

Saturday morning and I had just finished work. I said to Len, how about eating out a late lunch/dinner, so neither of us had to cook. Len has just been amazing these past few months, when I have been working so many hours. He makes his own dinners, and often cooks for me, so I can relax.

I remembered that I had a buy one get one free, for the same or lesser value, coupon for Ruby Tuesday's restaurant. We had eaten there, when they first opened a year or two ago, but had never gone back.

It was just before 2pm and we were greeted at the door by 2 members of staff. Now that there is no smoking in restaurants in Florida we could sit anywhere.

The restaurant was bright and cheerful, with colorful table-clothes. I was pleased to see how clean everywhere looked. Within a couple of minutes our server introduced herself and took our drinks order. We were told the specials and given our menus. Len has to really watch what he eats, so I suggested we both have the salad bar, an extra $1.99 with the purchase of a meal. This way he could fill up on the good stuff and eat less of the fries etc.

She came back with our drinks and asked if we were ready. I still hadn't made a choice, so she said she would be back shortly.

Len chose the Chicken Tenders Platter @ $8.99. This comes with onions straws, coleslaw, and hot fries guaranteed. I finally decided on the Shrimp Alfredo Pasta @ $11.99. Penne pasta with Alfredo sauce with sauteed shrimp and garlic-basil tomatoes.

So off we went to the salad bar. I think they have one of the best around. The food is fresh and colorful, which even entices non-salad lovers. I took a little of almost everything. From lettuce, tomato, beets, chopped onion, red and green peppers, shredded cheese, sliced ham, and bacon. I didn't go for the variety of potato salads etc., that have a lot of fat content in them. After the meal I planned on coming back to the bar for fresh fruit.

I had only eaten about a quarter of my salad, and you guessed it, our main meals came out. Mine was really hot so I left it for a few minutes and ate a little more of my salad. My food was in a huge round plate, with just the middle filled. The shrimp were all on the top. There were 8. I really expected at least a dozen in this meal. I think I have been spoiled by Shell's restaurants, that offer a shrimp in every bite. However, the food was very good, and it came with a large piece of garlic toast.

I continued to eat my salad as well, and only managed a small amount of my dinner. Thank goodness for 'to go' boxes.

Len's dinner was all fried. He said the chicken tenders were very good, but only ate half of them. The onion straws and fries were tasty, but Len was good and left most of them.

Our server was very attentive. Checked on us throughout the meal. The Manager came over twice and asked how everything was. I told here, I really don't have any complaints, but suggested more shrimp in my meal. She said that's the $9.99 one, and I said that is was $11.99, that is why I expected more. Shell's charge $9.99 for theirs.

Yes, I did go back for the fruit. It was a great way to finish the meal.

I would recommend this restaurant because of the quality of food and service. They also had:

Appetizers.

Super Sampler.
Tuesday Sampler.
Tender Trio.
Boneless Buffalo Wings.
Loaded cheese fries.
Honey Barbecue Tenders.
Spinach and artichoke dip and chips.
Chicken quesadilla.
Queso & chips.
Chicken Tenders.
Spicy Buffalo Wings.
Bruschetta.
Buffalo fried shrimp.
Fried cheese sticks.

Ranging in price from $5.49 - $9.99.

Salad, Soups & Combos from $3.99 to $7.99.

Burgers, served with Hot Fries Guaranteed. $6.49 - $8.99.

A selection of 7 sandwiches. $6.99 - $8.49.

Specialties, Ribs & Platters, Steaks, from $7.99 - $14.99.

6 desserts from $3.99 - $5.99.

The kids have 5 menu items to choose from.

All in all, there is plenty of variety to cater for all the family.

You can make reservations, call ahead, and take out. We just walked in, but it was between lunch and dinner

This was a great deal for us with the coupon. A savings of $8.99. Would I go again. Yes, if I am extremely hungry. I am getting like most Floridians, eat from the salad bar, and have another days meal to take home.

A good all round eating experience. If you need to know anything else, or more about the menu, leave a comment or e-mail me.

Susie.

Ruby Tuesday Snack

Ruby Tuesday Snack

ReUsies reusable snack bags are eco-friendly, fun, economic and a family friendly alternative to disposable plastic baggies. ReUsies are 100% cotton, ...

Ruby Tuesday Sandwich

Ruby Tuesday Sandwich

ReUsies reusable sandwich bags are eco-friendly, fun, economic and a family friendly alternative to disposable plastic baggies. ReUsies are 100% cotto...

Ruby Tuesday 2-Pack

Ruby Tuesday 2-Pack

ReUsies

- Jos Fauxtographee Abstract - Shapes Made From Ruby Tuesday Diner in Blue, Red and Browns - Mugs

- Jos Fauxtographee Abstract - A Lampshade at Ruby Tuesdays Floating on a Brownish Black Background - Mugs

- Jos Fauxtographee Abstract - Shapes Made From The Lighting at Ruby Tuesday Diner in Cones and Discs - Mugs

- Jos Fauxtographee Abstract - A Lampshade at Ruby Tuesdays Floating on a Brownish Black Background - Iron on Heat Transfers