TGI Friday's

TGIF

Apr 15, 2004

Pros:Fun atmosphere, menu variety, good service, and an Atkin's-approved menu (reasonably priced).

Cons:Still no tuna steak, too many fried food items, and the "flair" is gone.

The Bottom Line: TGI Friday's a good and fun place to eat, but they don't have the healthiest menu selections on average (with the exception to their newest addition - the Atkin's-approved menu).

Originally written, Feb., 2000
Revised, April, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TGI Friday's is a good atmosphere for hanging out with friends over a meal, just grabbing some dessert, or even going in to hang out at the bar, if that is what you like. The service is always friendly, I rarely ever have a problem. I have gone to various locations around the country and the quality of service is the same.

The menus sometime vary in different states. For example, in Seattle, they have a whole extra section to their menu called the Northwest Menu. In other western states, such as California and Arizona, they have different types of desserts that I cannot get at home in Florida.

One thing I am upset about is that they removed a menu item from menus nationwide. I used to love to go there and get various dishes prepared with grilled tuna steak. I can no longer get that at all because every location stopped carrying that item. I still enjoy eating there every once in a while, but I try not to go too often because most of their foods are fried. It is hard to eat an entire fried meal and feel good afterwards, if you know what I mean. If I am feeling good and in the mood for that, I go, but if I am not up to par, then I hesitate, unless I am just going to get a salad, baked potato, and drinks/dessert.

I like the trivia they have on the TV screens, too. If you are with a fun group of friends, it is an interesting challenge to play the trivia with them (or against them). ;-)

Updates:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There have been a few obvious and tremendous changes to the chain since this review was written in 2000!

One negative change was the uniforms that every server wore, you know... the famous red and white stripes - well, they are no longer part of the "decor" of the restaurant. I think it kind of takes away from their "fun" image they used to have. The "flair" is gone.

On a positive note, they offer a great Atkin's-approved menu selection, with an exclusive contract for the name. One of the managers at a location in Phoenix told this to me one night when dining in.

Harvard Square Tgi Friday's Long Sleeve Shirt L W/ Logo 100% Cotton

Harvard Square Tgi Friday's Long Sleeve Shirt L W/ Logo 100% Cotton

Harvard Square TGI Friday's Long Sleeve Shirt Size Large New With Tag (NWT) w/ TGI Friday's Frozen Drinks logo on front of shirt 100% Cotton made in E...

Tgif / Tgi Fridays Hand Blown Swirl Hurricane Glass

Tgif / Tgi Fridays Hand Blown Swirl Hurricane Glass

TGIF / TGI FRIDAYS HAND BLOWN SWIRL HURRICANE GLASS Red Swirl 22 OZ.Check out our store!PS- K

Tgi Fridays Bar Glass Goblet Green Stripe 16oz

Tgi Fridays Bar Glass Goblet Green Stripe 16oz

T.G.I. FRIDAYS BAR GOBLET GLASS WITH GREEN STRIPE SWIRL. Excellent Brand New Condition with no chips or cracks. Diameter is 3 1/2 and Goblet is 8 1/4 ...