Taco Bell

Taco Bell : Fast Food at its Cheapest, but also at its Tastiest

May 10, 2001 (Updated Jun 21, 2004)

Pros:cheap and filling food, many choices, free-refills!

Cons:some stores are slow

The Bottom Line: Cheap and filling food for the millions!

Well I resisted the temptation for as long as I possibly could. I kept telling myself again, and again that I would not write an Epinion about Taco Bell, and that I could put it out of my mind. But, every single time I came across another one written by a person on the site, it made me want to write it even more. But, for 6 months I have resisted the temptation...up until this moment in time.

The long story behind me not wanting to write a review is that I worked at a Taco Bell restaurant for almost 3 years. Well...actually I worked at 2 different Taco Bell restaurants in Renton and Tukwila, Washington. My thought process was that I would have a hard time being objective in a review if I decided to write one, since I am a former employee. But, I think that I have evolved past my bias, and I am now ready to review a restaurant that I have frequented for years.

At College, in Washington State University, we have a Taco Bell that sits in the middle of campus. So, of course, it is a place that most people eat at every now and then during the school year. When you come in at lunch-time, the restaurant is virtually packed, and there are ropes that separate the line to keep some order in the restaurant. They must staff a ton of workers just to handle the 12pm-1pm rush that comes through for lunch. I usually do not mind standing in the line, because the food is cheaper than anything else you can buy on campus. This is the one thing that I have always loved about Taco Bell. They do not promise the highest quality of food, but they give you your money's worth.

Most of the items that Taco Bell's across the country offer is quite filling. So, if you order a couple of different items at a meal, you will be pretty full by the time you are done eating. Taco Bell sells your basic Mexican food. Ranging from tacos, to burritos, and then to your specialty items. These specialty items include, Mexican pizzas, taco salads, tostadas, quesadillas, and kids meals. The kids meals can be ordered with your choice of a taco, soft taco, or bean burrito, an order of cinnamon twists, and of course the toy. For the adults that frequent the store, there are Value meals that people can order to get a combination of food and a drink.

The combos are: a chicken burrito and chicken soft taco, 3 hard tacos, a burrito supreme and hard taco, two gorditas, a pizza and a taco, a pizza and 2 taco supremes, or 3 taco supremes. Now what makes them supreme, is that they go from the regular taco, which comes with meat, lettuce, and cheese, and they add sour cream and tomatoes to it.

************************************************************

THE FOOD:

For the burrito supreme, it comes with meat, beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and a red sauce.

The gorditas, are flat bread that is served with your choice of meat, lettuce and cheese. You are also given the option of making it supreme or keeping it the same.

The chicken burrito comes with chicken, rice, green onions, a pizza sauce, and a 3-cheese blend. This can also be ordered in supreme if you feel the urge.

The Mexican pizza that they serve is basically a shell on the bottom with meat and beans on the inside, then pizza sauce, green onions, and tomatoes are put on the top. It is heated up until the cheese has melted, and then served in a box after being cut into four portions.

The most expensive thing on the menu is the Taco Salad. It only costs $2.99. It is served with a generous helping of each ingredient in a large, store-made, shell. The ingredients are your choice of meat or chicken, beans, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, sour cream, guacamole, and it served with some salsa on the side.

There are also nacho bell grandes and nacho supremes offered on the menu. The nacho supreme comes with chips, meat, beans, nacho cheese, tomatoes, green onions, and sour cream. The Nacho Bell Grande come in twice the proportion of the nacho supreme.

***********************************************************

The food is all edible, and well worth the price paid for it. I go here between the hours of 5pm and 7pm, when the tacos and bean burritos are just 59 cents at the Taco Bell on campus. The meal I get usually comes out to less than $3.00 with a drink. The bonus here is that you can get free refills on the drink, so you only really need to order a small, and make a couple of trips back up to the front.

Now I will not say that the food tasted better than anything that you can get elsewhere, but I will say that for the money spent, this is the most filling meal that you can get on a short budget. Being a fast food restaurant, Taco Bell also has trouble finding workers that can work fast as well. I do not see that as being too much of a negative thing, because every occupation has those people that are going to be slow at what they are trying to do for a living. I have a lot of patience though, so other people may disagree with my theory.

I love Taco Bell, because it provides me with cheap meals that make me not very hungry later. It is because of this, that I would recommend the restaurant to anyone who has a family on a short budget, or if you are just looking for some fast Mexican food. When I worked at Taco Bell I was a manager, and I will admit that sometimes there are bad employees that grace the business, but when I was running the store, we almost never had any complaints, because I would make sure that I made the customer their food the way they liked it, and above everything else, I made sure that they got their food very quickly after it was ordered.

All in all, I think that I will give Taco Bell a strong recommendation, because I think that it deserves it. And now after writing this review, I am thinking that I need to go grab some Taco Bell at my local restaurant :)

Taco Bell Hot Sauce, 7.5 oz, 3 pk

Taco Bell Hot Sauce, 7.5 oz, 3 pk

Get your favorite Taco Bell Sauce by the bottle!We know you love Taco Bell sauces packets. But there's only so much you can do with a 2x1 packet. So ...
Soap.com

3x Taco Bell Restaurant (fire) Sauce, 7.5-ounce Glass Bottle Free Ship, Lowest

3x Taco Bell Restaurant (fire) Sauce, 7.5-ounce Glass Bottle Free Ship, Lowest

sharkys Store 3X Taco Bell Restaurant (FIRE) Sauce, 7.5-Ounce Glass Bottle FREE SHIP, LOWEST CLICK ON PICTURES TO ENLARGE THEM .. Listing is For (3) 7...

Taco Bell Thick N Chunky Mild Salsa 16 Oz

Taco Bell Thick N Chunky Mild Salsa 16 Oz

Taco Bell Mild Thick N Chunky Salsa

Combo Taco Bell Southwest Ranch& Spicy Ranch Dressing Dip

Combo Taco Bell Southwest Ranch& Spicy Ranch Dressing Dip

2 Pack.One Taco Bell Southwest Ranch Dressing Dip 15.8 oz One Taco Bell Spicy Ranch Dressing Dip 15.8 oz.Publicado con eBay Móvil

Taco Bell Thick N Chunky Medium Salsa 16 Oz

Taco Bell Thick N Chunky Medium Salsa 16 Oz

Auction is for one 16 oz jar of Taco Bell Medium Thick N Chunky Salsa -Combined Shipping Available- __________________________________________________...

Taco Bell Bold & Creamy Chipotle Sauce 8 Oz

Taco Bell Bold & Creamy Chipotle Sauce 8 Oz

TACO BELL BOLD & CREAMY CHIPOTLE SAUCE. 8 OZ

3 X Taco Bell Bold & Creamy Chipotle, Jalapeno Or Spicy Ranchero Sauce

3 X Taco Bell Bold & Creamy Chipotle, Jalapeno Or Spicy Ranchero Sauce

NEW 3 x Taco Bell Bold Creamy Chipotle, Jalapeno or Spicy Ranchero Sauce Taco Bell Bold Creamy Chipotle, Jalapeno or Spicy Ranchero Sauce This offer i...